iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Our Tom

Started by etat, November 14, 2003, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

You know, reading his stories not only makes you feel all warm and fuzzie, it gets you to thinking about some of your own old memories.  The good ones long past.  The better and worse days. Actually helped make me want to join this forum instead of just being a onlooker.  Thanks Tom
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

For some of you that have never been there, Tom has a lot of great reading on his website. www.tomssaw.com

Here is a link to his "Allegories" page
http://www.tomssaw.com/stuff.shtml
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

A reminder that Tom is one of the Forestry Forum's amazing characters. One of the amazing people that I would never "know" if not for the internet and this forum. That's the reason I'm here.

LSUNo1

Have read and reread the tips on several occasions. I enjoyed the photos too. Good to put faces to some of you guys.....I think.

Norm

Great stories there, thanks for reminding me to take a look Jeff.

Folk stories are finally getting the attention they deserve. Tom yours are some of the best I've had the pleasure to read.

Don, Noble and Bibby have written some excellent ones too, I don't mean to slight anyone else these come to mind first.

Bibbyman

Tom and I have exchanged stories since we first got connected by e-mail 3 or 4 years ago.  Some have been published here and some have not.  I've peeked in on Tom's list and re-read a couple. When I get some time,  I'll get back and read some more - maybe I missed something on the first go-around. ;D

I've put a few of my stories that I think are fit for public consumption on our web site.

WardenSawmill - Bibbyman's Stories
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

D._Frederick

Bibby,
I liked your story about your uncle sawing with the traction engine, got any more follow-ons?

Gus

It is the talent in this place that makes it one cohesive unit. The humor alone is enough to make George Burns go lookin' for a re-write. 8)
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Tom

Well, Son-of-a-gun!  I've got my own thread!  Thanks Jeff.

I like to write.  I can do it better than I can talk because I don't have to think so fast. :D   Just for grins let me tell you that it makes a writer's day to be recognized.  It's better'n money 'cause it stays with you longer.  'Course money's good too.  Maybe, one day, one of these will put some in my pocket.  Right now though It's the satisfaction of telling the story and the hope that it entertained someone that's good pay,.

If you ever read a story that entertains you, think about about telling the author.  You'll make his day. :D

Bibbyman

D..

Here is a link to some pictures I took last spring.

Uncle Chick's Sawmill

I think I've made a couple of posts about Uncle Chick and his sawmill in Old-er Folks.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

craigc90

Those pictures are great. they a say a picture is worth a thousand words. Those are worth more like a million.

Wildflower

Tom I have enjoyed your stories tremendously keep up the wonderful writing. I especially like Grandmom's missionary work and Dads smart dog. They make me feel like I almost know them.
Thank you for sharing! :)
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Bro. Noble

Well I enjoy those stories too.

I think I mentioned in a post a long time ago that Tom is in love with life.  You can tell by his stories that he loves people  and he loves living.  There has been more than once that one of his stories or a witty message from him has brightened up my day 8)  Thanks Tom :)

I'll have to confess that it was Tom that made the leaning cow for me to heckle DonP ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!