iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thrifty tool arm

Started by Madman_Mark, November 18, 2010, 08:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman_Mark

Anyone familiar with this. You attach a bush hog/mower to it and you can mow/cut ditches. Wondering if anyone on here has used one and if so how is it ? Google it and see if you havent heard of it.

tyb525

I've seen county mowing crews use them, they seem to work ok.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

beenthere

Seems some serious counterbalance weight would be necessary.  I don't see any in the pics.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Madman_Mark

The crews you see using them, are they mowing grass or cutting brush with them ?

Mark K

When I worked for a local New Holland dealer I mounted arm mowers. They were flail and bush hog style made by Alamo. Hydraulic tank and wheel ballast on left side counter balanced the arm mower. Flail mower would grind about anything up, saplings, weeds and fence posts. More wear parts on a flail than the bush hog head but the head wasn't as bulky. Bush Hog makes a three point hitch one that slides over about 4 feet for mowing ditches also. Kinda tough on the three point hitch arms though. 
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

tyb525

I've seen them used for everything along the roadway - including trimming back tree branches along wooded roadsides. They hold it vertical (the bushog).
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

treefarmer87

almost every tractor i have seen here has one
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!