iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Set work question

Started by cubdriver55, November 17, 2010, 05:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubdriver55

OK here come a stupid question. I have sawed with a circle mill all my life but I just set up my first band mill. It is a Timberharvester   HD30 25E   It is working great and all adjusted and seems to saw great. It does not have the fancy set works just a dial with 2 pointers on it . The silver pointer shows distance from the deck or if it is on 6 you have a 6 in cant. The other pointer shows 1and a quarter less or if you were at 6 it would show 4 and 3/4. it has a red end on it. both pointers move together. What is the purpose of this second dial?  Thanks  Steve

bandmiller2

Steve,can you move the red tipped pointer to a desired dimension say 1 1/8 or 2" I've tailed on a timberharvester and never full understood the dial but I know they work slick.I think the second hand tells you where to drop the main pointer to for the next cut and should be adjustable. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sgschwend

That would be real handy to have.  I bet you will find you can set the second pointer to you working thickness and then it would work just like Frank has indicated (no pun). ;)
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Thank You Sponsors!