iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Restricted

Started by Bill Gaiche, November 15, 2010, 09:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

I removed the muffler on my 361 today. I was really suprised at what a small exhaust hole in the muffler exit. A 7/16" bit would not go into it without removing metal. Well I opened it up to 5/8". Also removed some of the baffled in the process. Removed the screen also. Not to easy to do but I did it anyway. I realize it will not be as quit but thats ok. Havent tried it out yet. May be a couple of days before I get to. I hope it helps but if not I can put a new one back on it. Seems that a hole that small would choke down a engine quite a bit. bg

Cut4fun

You will like the 361 that can breath. Dont for get to adjust your carb now too.

I have seen Husky deflector mounted on left side (which is my favorite), also 3 holes drilled in front and they all helped big time. Enjoy.

Bill Gaiche

Cut4fun, I went out a while ago and gave the saw a try and I was suprised at the difference it made. Has more power for sure. Louder, yes. Does that bother me, no. I drilled two 3/8" holes in the front down lower on the muffler also. Others that have this style may consider the same. The little 211 that I have, I only had to open up the exit hole some and remove the screen. There was no other restrictions in the muffler can on it.bg

Al_Smith

The saw in question is just one example what they've done to our saws in the so called interest of environmental concerns .The most dramatic I've seen is an Ms 660 as oppossed to the older 066 .

They look a lion of a saw and turned it into a pussy cat . :(

Thank You Sponsors!