iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any suggestions on a "full chisel" chain for stihl 310? what about bars???

Started by fury1973, November 15, 2010, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fury1973

Bought a ms310 the other day. It has a 20" 3/8 bar on it. I ran it today on some felling projects..... I bought it to run a 20 for cutting logs. I got to tell ya... My 032AV is seemingly as strong! Granted I am running a 16 on the 032 and a 20 on the 310 but... I am thinking of putting an 18 on the 310 .. I was contemplating a "full chisel" but am not sure. Any imput would be great.

thanks

Cut4fun

Muffler mod and tune carb and you will gain 20% or better. I did on a 290.

Get some stihl RS RSC RSLK chain and watch even more gains. I never ran 3/8 on the 290, so I cant comment on the 310. But the .325 in RS RSC RSLK was a big time saver in the cuts.

Bill Gaiche

I have a 361 with full chisel and really like it. Watch out for kickback. It can get you. Its a lot more aggressive than the stock chain that comes on them. bg

mrcaptainbob

That muffler mod...I want to do that to my 310. From what I've read.....remove muffler and disassemble, remove screen, drill two 3/8" holes in the recommended place, reinstall screen, revise carb accordingly....( dial up to stutter, then dial back to stutter then pick mid point). Correct procedure?

Rickofox

I was just checking to see if you modded the muffler yet.  It will really wake up a 310.  What a difference!
Rick

tcrew

Quote from: fury1973 on November 15, 2010, 09:18:35 PM
Bought a ms310 the other day. It has a 20" 3/8 bar on it. I ran it today on some felling projects..... I bought it to run a 20 for cutting logs. I got to tell ya... My 032AV is seemingly as strong! Granted I am running a 16 on the 032 and a 20 on the 310 but... I am thinking of putting an 18 on the 310 .. I was contemplating a "full chisel" but am not sure. Any imput would be great.

thanks
I run a MS280 with 20inch bar/full chisel RSC chain,and before the RSC, i was running the semi chisel. Now i been cutting for years and if u are experienced with a saw and kickback,  then by all means throw sum RSC on that bad boy and watcher eat big! Keep it sharp,2 maybe 3 strokes of the file b4 each cutting session,and u will be very happy with the results. And if that 310 is bogging down on u, check/replace the in tank fuel filter and clean or replace the spark arestor screen also. It makes a big diff in the power of ur saw.  ;D
038av super, MS280, MS250,Kubota/loader, Vermeer M50-H Trencher/backhoe ,Case 1150C TrackLoader,3point 25ton wood-spliter

Thank You Sponsors!