iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberpro TL735B

Started by BrothersMule, November 15, 2010, 10:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrothersMule

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and somewhat new to this industry. I sell forestry equipment and we just took the Timberpro line on here. We just received our first machine a 2010 Timberpro TL735B with the leveling cab and 360 degree cutting head. I just thought i would see what feed back you guys had. Has anyone every opperated one? Do you like it? Whats the Quality Like? Any info would be appreciated. I want to learn all i can about these machines and this industry in general and what better place then those who use them.

Skiddah

I never ran a TimberPro buncher, but I have run the 830 and 840 forwarders, and they are an awesome machine.  TimberPro, much like Tigercat in my opinion, has really paid attention to operator's concerns over the years and thoroughly integrated their suggestions into their machine designs.  The forwarders  had a lot of room in the cab, all the controls became user friendly after a short adjustment period (me acclimating to the controls), and they had a lot of power.  I think the TimberPro line will do you guys very well.

treefarmer87

those are some cool machines, that can BRING in the wood
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

sjfarkas

I'd be more than happy to give you some feedback on it if you send it out to me.  I wouldn't mind an FAE mulching head on the end of the stick.  In a couple of hours I'll let you know what I think. :D
Always try it twice, the first time could've been a fluke.

northwoods1

As far as quality and design goes I think they lead the industry.

Check out this link and read the history: http://timberpro.com/history.html

There is a lot of good info in that link for someone who wants to persevere at any kind of undertaking, and about what it takes to be successful in general.

Pat Crawford is about the finest guy you would ever want to meet, hard working, humble, and a genius at design. All of his ideas for purpose built logging equipment started from the ground up with the idea of what do we need to get the job done in the woods. My neighbor owns that very first machine shown in that 1980 photo it is still functional. But with Pat it was always design, build, use the machine in the woods, and keep modifying the design to make it better. He had one of the very first workable saw head designs also. He has probably done more for the forest products industry in the way of equipment design than any other person on earth. All of the leading manufacturers followed him, no one else had innovations like Pat. I can remember when I had my heart set on a new Timbco, in the early 90's. I drove over to the Shawano WI manufacturing facility to see where and how he was building them. This was when business was booming for him he had hundreds of machines on backorder. The production facility was amazing he was one of the larger employers in the entire county. Even though his ideas had grown so much I was still able to stop there and walk right in to his office and he dropped what he was doing to give me a 45 minute tour of the entire plant. Now that really impressed me and made me understand more why he was so successful at building and marketing equipment. Then another time I stopped off at the plant to get some parts for my timbco sawhead. This was at the time he had just put a self leveling cab on an 8 wheeled carrier. They had it out in the parking lot and it sure looked intimidating. I mean there was nothing else like it!!! 8) pats son got in it and ran it off the lot and across the road up a hill that was pretty steep. At the top of the hill he turned sharp, then backed up turning as tight as he could, and then came right back down the hill in his previous track and it was all in a very tight space. Impressive!! What he had always wanted to do is develop a 1 machine 1 man system to cut to length right on to the machine. Skidder processor combined. They fooled around with that for a while but I am not sure if there is anyone running something like that these days. Anyway in a nutshell the timberpros are good machines. In no small part all due to the history behind there design and quality standards that were incorporated into Pat Crawfords designs from the beginning. He actually started out with a small welding shop in Polar WI that is where that 1st machine was assembled.

BrothersMule

northwoods1, thanks for the info very interesting and informative.

Quote from: sjfarkas on November 15, 2010, 11:23:48 PM
I'd be more than happy to give you some feedback on it if you send it out to me.  I wouldn't mind an FAE mulching head on the end of the stick.  In a couple of hours I'll let you know what I think. :D

sjfarkas, For around $425K ill have it delivered and you can use it all you want. Then you could really get me some good feedback.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!