iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please if anyone can help

Started by peteloare, November 14, 2010, 02:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteloare

I will try and make this post as short as possible. I need your professional help as i am in the landscape industry and not forestry.
Problem is, My son driving his car in Florida, South of Lake city on I-75 had a driveshaft yoke fall from a logging truck and go through his winshield striking him in the head. He then traveled to the guardrail and allong guardrail 500', back into traffic and hit the now coasting 1973 Mack logging truck hauling 16'6" logs to a unkown mill in Newberry. Load was oak and he claimes it was for pulp wood and he was a sole owner, loader,trucker, and independent hauler.Truck was a pach job and really should have not been on the road. Had no d.o.t. #,no log book,only 300,000.00 insurance which didnt start the helocopter to Shands.he died 2x and now is a basket case for the rest of his life.
I know you guys must be very up set at the guys on the road undercutting your business with the cost of the bare mimiums they carry.
My question is what is needed in florida?????? I dont want to hurt this man personally but our lawyer insits he is exempt from the normal laws and insurances of 1,000,000.00. Please give your imput and contact me at deyolandscaping at yahoo

Jeff

I know you are trying to find information where ever you can, but in this case, The important information you seek is not going to be found here. You need the attorney for this, not a bunch of us that may have opinions which won't help you or your son at all.  Best wishes towards a betterment on your Son's situation
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JohnG28

That's pretty awful to hear.  Im sorry for the accident that happened to your son.  I hope you can find some resolution in this case, sorry I can't be of any help to you.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Nate Surveyor

I'm real sorry for your son's accident.

But Jeff is right....

All I can add is that often the term "Competent Attorney" is used in my line of work. (I'm a Land Surveyor) You would want an attorney that was real competent in that area of law. I have seen an attorney goober things up, because they tried to practice beyond their area of competence, and expertise. You would not want one like that. Shop hard, and get one that really knows his stuff, on the subject matter of your case. Your choice in this may make a difference.

Best to you.

Nate
I know less than I used to.

Thank You Sponsors!