iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Climbing Excavator

Started by tyb525, November 12, 2010, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

Some of you may see stuff like this done all the time, but for me personally this is a first! Impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1CMSV81_ws&feature=related
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Holmes

There is one of a Liebherr excavator climbing a tower on you tube.
Think like a farmer.

sandhills

I saw sequenced pictures of a small tractor/backhoe do the same thing but without the stands, just used the front end loader and the backhoe to climb up on the railcar.  Don't know how safe or smart it is but those folks sure know how to run their machines.

ErikC

I know a guy who worked on a road crew for many years who loaded a backhoe into a 10 wheel dumptruck to haul it around pretty regular. Did it more or less like that, but with the loader first. Hard on the truck bed and risky if you make a mistake, usually there are better ways...But sometimes getting the job done takes skill and guts.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

KellyH

I have seen crews do this type of thing unloading RR Ties from hopper cars and pass from car to car riding on just the edge of the hopper.  It seemed like it was just a normal BackHoe and the operator held no fear!  lolzzz  :D
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Thank You Sponsors!