iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidsteer bar saw

Started by timberjack 450, September 06, 2015, 08:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack 450

I am thinking about mounting a bar saw on my big skidsteer. Mostly for clearing jobs. Might save my back a little. I was wondering if anyone has done this . I'm not to handy mechanically, but I'm sure it could be done. I have used the shears before and don't really want to go back to one.     
90 450 Timberjack, JD 650 G dozer, Hitachi 120 excavator, 2400 morbark chipper, 85 Western star log truck,and a 22-22 Blockbuster processor
Almost forgot, and a very patient woman

BargeMonkey

A decent barsaw head isn't that much money, and if you had a bigger skidsteer it would do ok. I can count the plumbing on my barsaw but I'm pretty sure you would need 2 sets of lines plus a case drain for a non tilt, no accumulator head.

timberjack 450

I can get a decent saw head for 5000. Just gotta get in touch with the right person that knows how to hook it all up
90 450 Timberjack, JD 650 G dozer, Hitachi 120 excavator, 2400 morbark chipper, 85 Western star log truck,and a 22-22 Blockbuster processor

oldseabee

A Bell dangle head saw could work with the right hydraulics. There are a couple of old Bell Dealers that still work on them.

timberjack 450

I was thinking more in the line of something that will hold and carry the tree.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: timberjack 450 on September 07, 2015, 10:54:49 AM
I can get a decent saw head for 5000. Just gotta get in touch with the right person that knows how to hook it all up
I've seen a few for 3-5 for a timbco barsaw head. Problem is what size machine are you using and what size wood do you want to cut, a decent tree will take you with it if the head doesn't open in time on a smaller skidsteer.  :o   a bell dangle head is nice because you can tip and run, barsaw head is a bit different.  I'm about to tear into mine tomorrow and find out why I still have flopping issues, most likely a seal or busted cylinder.

ScottAR

Turbosaw makes a buncher head for a skid....  Glancing at the specs, one needs a big skid and I'm not sure a skid will carry a 16" tree which is the capacity of the head. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

timberjack 450

The 16" trees I wouldn't even try to carry. Just get them on the ground. I have a bobcat s250 right now. But I am in the market for a bigger one. A 1080 if I could find one or even a ASV or Fecon. Just kicking it around because eventually I will be buying a Hydroax. 

Thank You Sponsors!