iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I just don't understand

Started by Texas Ranger, November 17, 2003, 10:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

I send Tom and Jeff some really good stuff to post to the board, and it never shows up.  You guys are missing out on a lot. ;D ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

Bud Man

Dependence on others leaves a lot to be desired-  Independence is as the commercial say's Priceless !
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Jeff

Very busy and aint been home. Been Hunting. I think they do that in Texas. Off again in the morning
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

J_T

Jim Holloway

Jeff

Not sure anymore cause whatever it is I aint saw one. They do have a white tail I hear though.

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Well, I sure wish you would find one or give up and go home.  I don't how much longer I can ignore Don. :-/ :)

Jeff

My Seester is a die hard and the eternal optimist.  We get there and opening day is nice.

Seester on Saturday:  Its a nice mornin, they ought to be moving.
Nobody saw nothing.

Seester on Sunday: Its cold, they ought to be moving.
Nobody saw nothing.

Seester on Monday: Its Foggy, they ought to be moving.
Nobody saw nothing.  

Seester on Tuesday: Its rainy, they ought to be moving.
Nobody saw nothing.

Tom

Maybe you need to go in after them. :-/ :D

J_T

Here 30mph on a back road will get you a deer in your grill ;D Wabbits are scarcenow adays . Our deer are 15 or 20 in a herd 8) I can' afford to critter hunt as i counted what one hunter had invested .One new4x4 desel one new4x4 4wheeler a new tryler,2,000gun ,1,000 portobal stand,five hundred clothes. I figured about 100 grand that is our cheep hunters.Wish you luck Jeff see any critters I'll send em your way or come on down I'll point you out a spot . We use pistols for deer . :D
Jim Holloway

Kevin_H.

we've got two deer to put in the new smoke house,  and the guys haven't went hunting yet,

I dont do any hunting or even own a gun, but since I built the new smoke house I get an even cut of the take, I think there is about 8 hunters in the group.

I'l take all mine in sausage thank you  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

isawlogs

Uh...Jeff
  You wait for the deer to come to you ????
I got me an 8 pointer on monday nov. 3 .... Was raining ( just a mist )  Took to the bush and walked trought  our sugar bush and into a stand of mixted hardwood and there he was just a waiting for me ... bang ...bang ... ( He was not moving maybe thats a good thing)
    How long does your deer season last for ? Are you aloud more than one deer ? Here we are only aloud one whether it is bow ,black powder or rifle...
   Hoping that you find the wright temp to get the deer moving, or just move yourself to where there is some that are moving...
   Then again just hoping that you get one Good luck ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

OneWithWood

Sitting here at the puter contemplating wether to go sit in the tree in the rain again this morning.  This has been the worst weather for deer season that I can remember.  If it is not raining the fog is so thick you can't see the tree next to you.  The weather man tells me Thursday should be warm and sunny.  Maybe I'll wait until then. ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bro. Noble

Don,

I bet you were gonna show us a picture of that plane load of midgets that DanG near wrecked down in Texas--------Haytrader told me about that.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Norm

Our season starts the 13th of Dec., the sadist at our DNR came up with this season when deer were scarce in Iowa and they didn't want to disrupt the rut. Sometimes it is so darn cold you have to hunt indoors.  :D

When the red oaks first drop their acorn we can have 5-10 deer in our yard feeding. Since we hunt the secound season they are pretty educated by then.

Oh yeah to stay on topic we should turn the "behind the forum" into an adults only forum were we can smoke cigars, tell bawdy jokes and enjoy fine adult beverages. ;D

Bibbyman

I "slept in" Saturday morning but still managed to get my Marlin 45/70 out before dawn and was setting on the whack of sycamore logs – as good a place as any.  The sun never really came up as it was heavily overcast and drizzling.  Set there about 45 minutes and looked back towards the house and here was Mary coming out to the sawmill.  She cranked up the Terex and was starting to load the skidblocks.  I climbed off'n the logs and ran the Wood-Mizer for her.

Went out Sunday morning and set in the woods – about 50 yards from the sycamore pile.  Again,  Mary was out as soon as it was light enough to see and cranked up the Wood-Mizer.  We sawed and cut firewood until dark having about 10 customers show up for one reason or the other – all asking me "How's the deer hunting going?".  

Right at dark two trailer loads (pulled by 1/2 ton PU) pulled in and needed unloaded and one loaded back up.  Got into the house about 8:00 and Mary started supper.

I ain't seen no deer either.  >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

OOps,  I'm sorry Don,

This is really embarrasing :-[----------Haytrader said it turned out they weren't really midgets after all.  They were Texans with the SXXX scared out of them. :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

We don't hunt them in Illinoy. Don't have too. Becky just waits
till they jump in front of her car and then nails them with
her left front fender.  :o
Not this year... about 5 years ago.  Got the left front fender
and as the buck was spun around his antlers punctured
a hole in the driver's door. Becky said that he still got up
and ran off. Tough critters. Of course the HBS one's
don't surive.  :D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Haytrader

Bro. Noble,

If I didn't know better, I would think you were a trouble maker.

;)

Oh, did I tell ya the one about the traveling salesman in Missouri? Seems he stopped at a place that had a dairy and a sawmill.............

;D
Haytrader

Texas Ranger

Bro. Noble, y'all talk like ya know Texans,  well your close.  This big ol tall Texan died in New York City (what he was doing there I have no idea, Texans being somewhat not of the New York vein, but I digress) his wife was talking to the undertaker who was concerned about finding a coffin big enough for the gent.  Wife said, "oh, thats alright, just give him an enema and bury him in a shoe box." ::)

Texas Ranger

Missouri Highway troop on the road, and sees this Mo boy running down the road with a pig in his arms.  Being curious he stops the boy and asks him what he is doing running down the road with a pit under his arm.  

Boy says, "Sir (them Mo boys are polite, but I digress), I found him on the road, and I am running him down to the police station."

Trooper says "Boy, dont take hiim there, take him to the zoo."  and leaves.

Couple of days later he is on patrol and sees the same boy, same pig, running down the road.

He stops the boy and said "Boy, I told  to take that pig to the zoo."

Boy said, "I did, sir, and we had so much fun that I am now taking him to the county fair."

Texas Ranger

Norm F, just got a new commercial from Tom on "hand" rolled cigars, nuff to make me start smokin.  ;D

Bibbyman

My sister-in-law was driving her Ford Ranger down the county road when a buck ran into passenger side finder then broke off the mirror – damaging the door.  It continued its path of destruction down the extended cab panel and then the side of the bed.  $1,800.00 in damages in all.  

The buck ran off before see could get its license plate number.   >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Well, I moved this thread to the full members board till I had time to read it. I see nothing that causes me concern. I am moving it back and removing the post that has caused such a ruckus behind the scenes. In the future, if anyone sees something that they think that is inappropriate by this forums standards, and most of you know what those are to some degree, I welcome you to point it out to one of the admins in an email or instant message and let them handle it the way they see fit.

Update: I have added a report post to moderator link to every post that you can now use

As much as I appreciate the fact that members are concerned with appearances of this forum, its less troublesome in the long run to handle things through the admins. They are all great guys and weigh their decisions carefully as I do. My decisions sometimes come at a personal cost at times because I put so much into them. I take on this responsibility as the other administrators have so let us use it the best we can.

Thank You Sponsors!