If you're a Veteran....

Started by mrcaptainbob, November 10, 2010, 10:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcaptainbob

sandhills

And for your sacrificies as well.

vtlogger1973

Chris Burchfield

P.S.  Lord, please bring our men and women home safe.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

thecfarm

A very important day for the ones that have served and are serving our country.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ely

and a large thank you from me as well.

fishpharmer

I can't you veterans enough!!

THANK YOU!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

paul case

to all veterans,
we appreciate the sacrifices you have made to guard our freedom. we are truly in debt to you for your service to our country.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

iffy

From a veteran, thank you for caring. You guys are the greatest!

Warbird

Norm

I'd like to add my heartfelt thanks to all who have served and those serving today.

DanG

And my Thanks go out to all of you who remembered to say Thanks, as well as all who have served our Country, whether in uniform or not. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

beenthere

I said thanks today, via the USO. I think it is a great organization. I hope it is as they say it is.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

D Hagens

I find it odd how people seem to forget and just carry on like it's just another day................this isn't a holiday this is a day to remember.
I think everyone should take time in their busy day and reflect on what they have and what could've been if it wasn't for these courageous men and woman.........
I for one respect each and everyone one of them for making me a proud Canadian.

Canada has so much history and a lot of people know so little.

John McCrae - Flanders Fields
The 500+ plus men that died from Newfoundland in The Battle Of The Somme
The Capturing of Vimy Ridge with the 4 Canadians that got the highest commonwealth bravery medal - the Victoria Cross.

Canada lost over 65,000 soldiers in WW1 and our country barely had a few million in population.

In WW2 Canada played an important role in:
The Battle Of The Atlantic
Dieppe Raid with the 'Devils Brigade'
D-Day Normandy - Juno Beach.

Sad not enough people know our history of why we give our time and day to remember our fallen soldiers.

DouginUtah

Appropriate for the day, I saw a bumper sticker this afternoon:

"If you don't stand behind the troops may I suggest you stand in front of them."  :)
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

SwampDonkey

"Goodnight then: sleep to gather strength for the morning. For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn. Vive la France! Long live also the forward march of the common people in all the lands towards their just and true inheritance, and towards the broader and fuller age."

Winston Churchill "Morning Speech": October 21, 1940 following the fall of France.

When I was in school there never was a holiday on Nov 11, we had school Remembrance Day programs.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

From another Veteran, thanks for your appreciation.

I ended my 20 year military career back in May of 1989 and I have a son that will finish his 20 sometime in 2011 and another son who'll finish his 20 in Feb, 2012.

Forestry Forum "ROCKS".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pineywoods

Thanks for remembering...I served during a time when returning soldiers were spat on and called baby killers and killers for hire. Thankfully that sure has changed.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ernie

Quote from: D Hagens on November 11, 2010, 10:22:16 PM

I find it odd how people seem to forget and just carry on like it's just another day................this isn't a holiday this is a day to remember.
I think everyone should take time in their busy day and reflect on what they have and what could've been if it wasn't for these courageous men and woman.........
I for one respect each and everyone one of them for making me a proud Canadian.

Canada has so much history and a lot of people know so little.

John McCrae - Flanders Fields
The 500+ plus men that died from Newfoundland in The Battle Of The Somme
The Capturing of Vimy Ridge with the 4 Canadians that got the highest commonwealth bravery medal - the Victoria Cross.

Canada lost over 65,000 soldiers in WW1 and our country barely had a few million in population.

In WW2 Canada played an important role in:
The Battle Of The Atlantic
Dieppe Raid with the 'Devils Brigade'
D-Day Normandy - Juno Beach.

Sad not enough people know our history of why we give our time and day to remember our fallen soldiers.

This made me proud to be a Canadian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eYkPuvxE_8
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Patty

To all you veterans....you are the best!!

May God be with you always.

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Chuck White

Nice post Ernie.

Just makes us do a lot of soul searching.

No greater respect could be shown for a fallen soldier!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mrcaptainbob

Not meaning AT ALL to sound disrespectful for those of our fallen comrades, but isn't Veteran's Day for the living and Memorial Day for those of our fallen hero's? I've noticed from most of my personal contacts the focus was more on the fallen....

SwampDonkey

Both. We don't have Memorial Day in Canada, so everyone gets remembered on Nov 11, Canada Remembrance Day. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chain

Just keep Old Glory flying ..every day! This is the best way to remember our Vets; also, go around town and check all the flags, Post Office, Federal Buildings, some private businesses, even McDonalds. The local Mack here had the flag hanging by one strap of which the ragged flag was wrapped around the pole for weeks. I spoke with the manager about our Flag was in disarray, he thanked me and promptly brought the flag down. Soon, a new banner was raised.

Thank You Sponsors!