iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM15 trailer

Started by 4430jd, November 10, 2010, 08:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4430jd

I just read that the new Woodmizer 15GO comes on a trailer. Would my 15 match up to the same trailer? Maybe Marty from ShadeGap could help me out on this one.

MartyParsons

Hello  :D

You need to check out the picture Bibbyman posted for us on the Wood-Mizer area here on the Forestry Forum.
We just got our first Go Trailer today. WM is not offering any kit to install the trailer prior to revision. See note below. So if you add a go trailer you will need to reach up to work the controls. I think the mill can be modified to make the controls lower. I have not done any yet. I think you will like the GO. It has a loading winch to load the logs and the mill will be at normal height. It would be neat if they make the turner and some other options available also. I think the one we recieved to today is already sold. I have more coming on November 23.

Note: It comes with a kit to lower the controls on a newer REV mill E6.04 or newer.   There's no kit to lower the controls yet on an older REV mill.  Won't be until next year at the earliest.
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Fourm..

Here is the picture Marty spoke of..

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

fishpharmer

Welcome to FF 4430JD!! 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fred in montana

I have my LT15 up off the ground about 20 inches or so. The controls are not hard to get to.

woodmizer lt15, mf 65 tractor
logdovetailjig.com

bikedude73

Seems like it would be lots cheaper to go buy a trailer and move mill on it then have a trailer to use for other things too.  I called about price and was told it was $2195 for limted time.  You can buy a heavy trailer for less.  Any thoughts???????

paul case

yeah i have had lots of thoughts but usually when i try to think nothing happens.

i like multitaskers. make your investment worth more.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

MartyParsons

The LT15 Go trailer comes with a winch, loading arms, parts to lower the controls, hardware to bolt the mill to the trailer, and 6 supports to hold the mill with jack handle.

Set up time with the Go is about 10 min.
Set up time without the trailer unloading by hand with two people is bout 20 to 30 min. Depending on leg adjustment , adding the third bed section etc. 

Hope this helps.

Marty

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

sparks

IF your LT15 is revision #3.03 or newer the LT15GO will work.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

4430jd

Where can you find the revision # on the Woodmizer Mill Model LT15G15. My mill serial# is 01096945.

sparks

Your revision is E6.04 so you are good to go if you want one.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!