iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time Change

Started by Autocar, November 07, 2010, 04:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Whats everyone think about the time change this weekend ? I wish they would leave it one way or the other, a guys body just gets use to the time then you have to start all over.
Bill

Chris Burchfield

When I retired after 30 years, I don't really care what time it is except when it's time to eat.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

fuzzybear

well here in the north it's useless.
In the summer it's light out 24 hours a day, and in the winter it's dark 20 hours a day
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

paul case

this is my kind of thread turned to food in 2 posts.
time change wsnt my idea and i didnt ask for it but i have got it. i guess they can even change when it begins and when it ends without consulting me. it takes some getting used to but no more than having to be up at 530 to take the 16yo to bb practice.
pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Chuck White

I wish they'd move the time ½ hour and leave it there!

I hate the change.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

Just means it goes from dark when I leave in the morning to dark when I come home. It's a DanG nuisance in western Canada. The Peace River area in north eastern British Columbia does not change so for half the year they are an hour ahead of the rest of us. Saskatchewan is also out of sync with the rest of the country, they don't change so as not to mess with the farmers milking schedule.
Why doesn't everyone leave it alone so I don't have to dig out the manuals on the stoopid clocks.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

Time in Saskatchewan definately don't change here.  Days are getting awefully short around here it was completely dark here by 6 pm.    ::) December 21st is the shortest day of the year.   ;D

We have a saying here in Saskatewan.  "We have 7 months of winter here.  The other five months is just poor sledding."   ;D  :D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Dan_Shade

i like daylight savings time.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Woodhauler

My great grandmother never changed her clocks! And if i remember right, in the 70s they didn't change the clocks one year and in maine it was dark at 8 in the morning when i waited for the school bus in the winter time!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

pigman

Some say daylight savings time saves energy. If that was true then they should move the clock foward 12 hours and save a lot more energy. :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

As far as I am concerned it is a pain in the ass to change the time here right in deer hunting season  :-\    Nobody informed the deer that we where an hour off   :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LeeB

I heard that Ben franklin came up with the Idea. Up till I heard that, I always thought of him as being and intelgent man. Old indian saying; 'Only the white man can believe that taking a foot off one end of the blanket and sewing it on the other end can make the blanket longer.'
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Them was wise words there Lee  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I hate the whole idea behind it, it doesn't wash.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IMERC

Quote from: Chris Burchfield on November 07, 2010, 04:35:41 PM
When I retired after 30 years, I don't really care what time it is except when it's time to eat.

or head out to fish...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

red oaks lumber

so why can't we choose not to play the time change game? get up the same time and go to bed the same time, the time in between those two events stays the same. half the year you will just be late for everything but, only according to the people that make the time change
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

doctorb

I have a new bedside clock that updates any time zone change.  I got up this morning @ 4:50am, showered, dressed, fed the dog, fed the outdoor wood furnace, and came back into the kitchen to find out that the real time was now 4:20am, not 5:20am.  What do you do when you're awake and it's an hour early?  I just went to the hospital and wish I hadn't lost the hour of sleep I gained on Sunday.  While I love those late light evenings in the summer, I am not a fan of the whole DST idea and this morning didn't help that opinion.  Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Seemed like every year when I was a kid in the fall we would always be an hour early for Church that sunday morning, but I can't ever remember being an hour late in the spring. I think its one big conspiracy perpetrated by my dad to get me to church longer.

HEY!  IT DIDN"T WORK!  Well, maybe a little. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

A little extra church didn't hurt ya none. ;D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

When we were logging,we liked to begin work just before 7 am and knock off around 3:30 for an 8 hour day or longer for a 10 hour day but the whole crew preferred starting early and getting home at a early enough time to catch the hardware store or be able to eat dinner and watch the kids soccer practice.
Trouble is that without switching the clocks,you don't have enough daylight to start at 7 because it's dark til 7:30.
Morning is my favourite time of the day.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

That's if you need to follow a clock. I just go by daylight, I can't cut brush in the dark. In the summer we start before 6:00 am and now even with the new time change, I can't see until 8:00 am. And that darn blinding fall sun in your face.  :-X  Now I know it might throw the soccer practice time out of whack. But, instead of having this new time on the clock just make time for the daylight left at the end of a day's work. I guess if there ain't enough daylight left, there is always supper. Sacrifices have to be made, we can't change the earth's orbit yet. ;D :D

Paul_H

Yes Bill,I need to follow a clock.It's the polite thing to do if you interact with other people and don't share the same landmarks from which to gauge the movement of the sun :D

I do have a plan to change the earths orbit but that's still a couple years away.You'll know when it happens.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ernie

The biggest complaint in New Zealand was the extra hour of sunshine with daylight savings was fading the curtains too quickly.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SwampDonkey

Well, if we get enough of us busting our guts laughing out loud and releasing lots of wind by spouting out wise crackers, we just might be able to do it. :D :D

As far as interacting, I gotta hear 12 other whining bush whackers. Some day, I'm just gonna ask the boss to bring out a box of diapers and start handing them out. It's not that bad and I tease the heck out of'm every chance. And tell'n a little tale once in awhile for a laugh. ;D

Radar67

Ain't you the boss? :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

Not for a couple years Radar. I like cashing cheques better than writing them it seems. ;D

pigman

I think Ernie has giving the best reason for not having the extra hour of daylight. We just don't want faded curtains. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!