iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood/Reindeer with Pics.

Started by Chris Burchfield, November 07, 2010, 03:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

Well Black powder opened today.  This is what I was doing:

1" tenon Cutter.  Bucks 32", doe 28", faun 14".  

Drilling the body for the legs.  Do one at a time and add the leg for orientation for the rest, lean a little to the outside from center/side and away from the end.  

These chain grips were just the ticket for both the neck and the head.  I used a fence staple to secure to the work top.  The neck gets tenon on each end.

The body is braced against the other bodies while drilling the neck hole.  

The heads are from a split piece of firewood.  Initial trim is with a chainsaw.  The finish to shape is with the hatchet.  This is a bit time consuming.  One head on each end.  

Here, I used the other head for back support.  There is a good bit of torque from the 1 1/2" cutter.  Same as the neck hole in the body.  

A batch of buck bodies.  Trying to figure out which is the head and which is the tail.  Sometimes I use the larger end for a big breasted buck.  Sometime it's a big butted buck.   :D :D :D

Here, the family is caught in the turnip green patch.  I not saying this is a baited field, but the turnip greens do eat good.

[img width=600

As I added all the picture's first, I didn't know where to go in and ad lib the pics.  Go to my Photo Gallery and look in the New Album.  I tried to rename it Firewood/Reindeer and was unsuccessful.   Thanks to Beenthere we now have verbage with the pics.

Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

thecfarm

I like the 3 deer.Or I should say my wife would.If she saw this she would be right after me to do something like this.She would say,that won't take you an hour to do.Plan on selling some or gifts?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chris Burchfield

Both.  I made some years ago drilling holes for 3/4" dowel.  After I learned what a tenon cutter was I ordered the 1" & 1 1/2" from Lee Valley.  They work very well with a 0 - 500 RPM 1/2" drill & 1/2" chuck.

Holmes

That is a great project and product.
Think like a farmer.

beenthere

Chris
Good pics, and would be better with some verbage.
You can add that when you click on modify, then just type your words just before the "img" bracket [ that is ahead of each pic link.  Use the Preview button to be sure it works in the correct place.

The words you add to your pic in your gallery are great but don't transfer along with the pics to your message.

Hope you add the words. :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chris Burchfield

Beenthere, thanks for the tips on the post.  Description really does help.

Thank You Sponsors!