iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 361

Started by Louis, November 07, 2010, 08:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

Yes I know stihl dealers won't ship. But I am looking for 2 new 361 saws??

Cut4fun

They are out there. I have 4 stihl shops with in 20 - 45min drives one way. If I happen by them, I will look see for you.

Bill Gaiche

Howdy, I bought one about 8 weeks ago. Harold had four at the time. Good saw. Heres a dealer if you havent found one to buy from. Good luck, bg

Quanties Sales & Service in Locust Grove, OK 74352 - (918) 479-8797

Louis

Thanks I'll make some calls. Yes great saw!

SawTroll

They are very good saws, but the US version is in serious need of a muffler mod, as it is "strangled" to please the EPA.
Information collector.

JohnG28

I was thinking of doing a muffler mod on my 361 soon, just about through the warranty.  I know there are probably a lot of threads on this already, but what have some of you had good results with?  I've heard that a second exhaust hole on side opposite of factory hole works well, then screw a deflector over hole?  Then pull limiter caps off carb and tune as needed, right?   This would be my first attempt at tweaking a saw, and I certainly don't want to mess this saw up, but a little more power never hurts.   ;D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Rocky_J

The muffler is not tuned, it is just a can with a hole in it. Make the hole bigger. Or add another hole if it makes you feel good. It doesn't matter.

JohnG28

I had meant tune the carb once the muffler was opened up.  I realize that the muffler itself can't be tuned.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Rocky_J

Actually, mufflers on higher performance motors (such as dirt bikes) are tuned. The width and length are manipulated to pull the charge out of the cylinder with the resonance timed to help stuff the cylinder for the next spark. That's what I was referring to. Chainsaw exhaust isn't that refined.

And yes, any time you increase the outflow, you will need to increase the fuel going in.

Thank You Sponsors!