iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Done did it, new mill coming!

Started by terrifictimbersllc, November 03, 2010, 03:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Well I just emptied my bank account to New Zealand.  Got a Peterson 1030 WPF swing mill coming maybe by Christmas if it sails through Customs.   Got 13 foot extensions for 33 feet cutting length, Hi-Lo option, electric winch, slabber attachment and  5 blades.   

Sincere thanks to all of you who made comments in my posts and especially for your PMs, phone calls, chats, and hosting me in your log yard.   

Going to be real fun keeping sawing strategies straight depending which mill I'm standing in front of.   Like when I'm pushing the Woodmizer head and wondering why it's so hard :D :D :D or moving my fingers and wondering why the WPF just stands there  >:( >:( >:(

Anyway the hunt for big logs is on.  No more hoping that's not what the customer is calling with.   8) 8) 8) 8)

And a new fitness regimen too.  ::) ::) ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

mad murdock

Congrats on pulling the trigger on your new adventure! 8)I am sure you will not regret it. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Buck

Congrats! I heard it said somewhere, If there are no pics it doesnt exist.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pnyberg

You will definitely get all of my big log referrals.

--Peter
No longer milling

paul case

congrats.
guess whats better than 1 sawmill,  2 of em!!!

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

customdave

Hey! Right on, enjoy the new machine! Sou

nds like a good Christmas present to me 8) 8)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Jasperfield

Well, that's great! No lookin' back now.

Will they sent the manuals ahead of the mill so you can get up to speed before it arrives?

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Buck on November 03, 2010, 05:31:32 PM
Congrats! I heard it said somewhere, If there are no pics it doesnt exist.

Here are two baby pictures, actually more like ultrasounds since it isn't born yet, don't know which it is yet boy or girl  8) 8) 8)  Courtesy of Aaron Kalan.
From the Peterson factory today (or is it tomorrow?):

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Jasperfield on November 03, 2010, 08:40:52 PM
Well, that's great! No lookin' back now.

Will they sent the manuals ahead of the mill so you can get up to speed before it arrives?
Got the manual last night.  Woke up around 12:30 am this morning and haven't been to sleep since.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: pnyberg on November 03, 2010, 05:36:02 PM
You will definitely get all of my big log referrals.

--Peter
Thanks Peter looking forward to hearing about anything big, heavy, long or needing to be slabbed.

Magicman

Well, congratulations on being the Daddy of two mills.  You'll be able to forget how to say "NO and TOO BIG".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nate Surveyor

I know less than I used to.

terrifictimbersllc

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words.   "Give Me your Big, Heavy, Wide, and Long, Yearning to Be Sawn".   :)

I have to clear 2/3 of my side of the garage to put in "Big Tex", my 5x10 7000# trailer (about 13-1/2 feet long and 7 feet wide overall exterior dimensions), which I will keep the new mill on at least to start.   Don't know how i'm going to clear 2/3 of my garage but if this doesn't get me to do it, nothing will!!   :D :D

Last night went to my wife's aquatic exercise class with her, which pleased her very much.  Wondering how many b.f. I will get out of these knees.   ::) ::) ::)

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats on the New Mill Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) with storage just cut the timber and build another shed us blokes have a habit of running outa space Mate  ;) :D :D ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

weisyboy

yer ya dont clean sheds you just build new ones ;D
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

terrifictimbersllc

The mill left the Peterson factory yesterday and should be waiting for the boat right now. 

weisyboy

god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia

terrifictimbersllc

Yes I know a Lucas would have been lighter.  ::) ::) ::)

terrifictimbersllc

I spent a very enjoyable morning at Hud-Son in Barneveld, NY today, getting training on the Peterson WPF.  What a fantastic place with building after building of manufacturing and much more.   Anyway thanks to Dan and Eric for showing me the ins and outs of the WPF and letting me saw up a log.....this is going to be a different ride than my Wood-mizer travels to date.
And to Mr and Mrs Hudon for their hospitality including a nice visit over lunch.

This is me hard at work......

And afterward, Life is Good!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Magicman

Congratulations on your dream coming true.  Looks  :o  very nice.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

weisyboy

is that your mill or a demo model?

howd u like it?

terrifictimbersllc

No that's not my mill yet, mine was supposed to leave NZ yesterday.   This is Hud-Son's 8" WPF with 30Hp Kohler, mine will be a 10" 30HP.    

How'd I like it?  When making cuts that are within the mill's capacity, like any vertical cut, or horizontal cuts to about 4-5",  it's Heaven!!   But there's a lot of resistance in the deeper horizontal cuts even in pine,  and it looks like a fair bit of exercise compared to running the Wood-Mizer.   But I'm getting the WPF to saw big logs and do some slabbing, and my reference point for this is chain saw work.   I expect to be happy as long as I keep that perspective.  I'll also probably find a bunch of other enjoyable advantages over the Wood-Mizer like if I want to cut up a stump or some other big chunk of wood or want to set up around a log where the WM can't go.  

I still plan to do most of my sawing with my LT-40SHDD42.  

Thank You Sponsors!