iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help my back

Started by D._Frederick, November 02, 2010, 09:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

My drill press dates before a rack and pinon was invented to raise and lower the drill table, it really strains my back to raise this table. What can I make or buy to help lift the table. The table moves over 2 ft. and I guess it weights some where  between 30 to 40 lbs.

I thought of using a rope, pulley and weight, but this seem kind of crude. Any other ideas that won't break the bank.

terrifictimbersllc

what about a couple of long springs reaching up to a collar around the post?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

A newer drill press with the rack and pinion. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodsteach

See if a new rack and pinion table will fit your drill press.  Last year I had to get new r&p for my delta drill press. 

It might be that you can get replacement parts for a newer press that will fit your press for not much $

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Hilltop366

Worm gear hand winch or small boat winch.

Handy Andy

I bought a used Grizzly drill press, has that rack and pinion up and down adjustment, paid half price of new. Actually, a pretty nice drill press.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Thank You Sponsors!