iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Wolf educational video

Started by bunst, November 02, 2010, 08:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunst

Has anyone viewed the Timber Wolf educational video by Suffolk Machinery titled MAXIMIZING THE USE OF YOUR SET TOOTH BAND MILL BLADES? It can be ordered on their website for $20. Through this forum I have learned alot about blade set, but still have the need to know more. Maybe this will tell and show everything I ever wanted to know about blades?

sdunston

Cook's also has some great info on band mill set-up and blade tech.WM has a good set of dvd's on everything from layout to blade tech, But the most non sales best advice is right here on this fourm and dont be shy.(there is no such thing as a dumb question) ???
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

bandmiller2

If thats the vid I think it is the sawyer, Ted, is a good friend of mine and slick on a mill I've tailed for him several times at shows.Was a timber harvestor dealer and made alot of mods to aid production.Its a good vid to see as it shows cause and effect of mis-set bands. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

LOGDOG

I'd recommend buying it. Suffolk taught me how to fix my balde issues for every situation. After I applied their suggestions I didn't have anymore issues. No wavy boards, no diving or rising. No intimidation with wide cuts. They've got it figured out. If you search my posts you'll see I've posted their recommended hook angles and sets for different sawing situations. It'd be good to print off and post in your shop if you do your own blades.

bandmiller2

Suffolk Machinery's owner Art is very knowledgable and spent time talking to me when I was building my bandmill he's good at solving cutting problems.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!