iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making baseball bats

Started by Larry, November 01, 2010, 05:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

http://maruccisports.com/woodbats_home.php

Click on multimedia. 

Anybody know what kind of band mill the Amish is running?  Looks like he is getting with it and utilizing short logs.

I would like to know a bit more about the kiln.  Seems a little high tech to me.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

JV

Very interesting video.  I wonder what they get for the dowels.  The kiln looks like a vacuum kiln, probably a Vacutherm.  Out of my price range.  Would love to have it though.  Maybe Santa Claus will be good to me this year.   :D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Ironwood

Looks like it is cutting in both directions (and skewed) AND is dark green, possibly a Double Cut? Arent they dark green, and skewed?
Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

r.man

I thought it looked skewed as well but wasn't that a draw back plate on it.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!