iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Newbie!

Started by bitrrtrbill, October 31, 2010, 10:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitrrtrbill

Hi Guys

Just bought a WM lt-15 and have been learning how to operate it this week. So far, so good. I'll post some pics.

Bill

Slingshot

You have a good mill, it will cut some fine lumber. Have fun.

smiley_chop sling_shot

thecfarm

bitrrtrbill,welcome to the forum.Been around a sawmill before? What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

bitrrtrbill, welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Lots of good info here, good people too.  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Bill welcome,where are you located ?? age est. what equip do you have to handle logs??I'am all questions this morning,good to have you on board.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

terrifictimbersllc

Morning B-Bill, welcome to FF.  Lots to do and say here!!! 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum...  We like pictures.   ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sandhills

Welcome to the forum, keep us updated on your progress!

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum bitrrtrbill, and congratulations on the new mill.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Busy Beaver Lumber

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here to learn from. Where are you located?
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Coon

Wecome.  Pull up a stump and stay awhile.  There is lots of good info of all types here on the forum.  Very friendly people here to share with too. We'd love to see your pics.  Bring em on.  ;D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

morbid fury

Welcome. New here too...well you are newer of course. cop a squat. other than the mill this is the second best thing. I lurked for quite awhile...enough to make people round here believe I actually know what I am doing. Great info and great bunch of people to ask questions to.
If at first you don`t succed, skydiving is not for you.
Thomas 2411
Husky 266xp
Honda 850 sportsman
Thomas log Arch
Happiness is a fresh pile of sawdust

bitrrtrbill

I'm in western Montana. I have a few acres of pine and fir. I'm planning on building another cabin and would like to use my trees to do it. I also make some "rustic" furniture. I had a friend make me a log arch to move logs around. also just built a gantry style lift to move logs on and around the mill. I don't have any previous experience with milling so it's a definite learning curve. I'll try to get some pics in this post.

bitrrtrbill

bitrrtrbill

nas

Welcome bitrrtrbill.  Nice setup you have with the hoist.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Magicman

You are certainly moving right along with some great ideas.  It's quite obvious that you are going to do OK.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

Looks good Bill

Welcome to the forum    smiley_wavy   smiley_wavy

Lookin' forward to pics of that cabin build!  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Bill Gaiche

bitrrtrbill, welcome aboard. Good photos and do keep photos of your projects comming. Hope you luck with your upcomming building projects. You are on the best information highways there is. bg

Thank You Sponsors!