iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Friday Saturday Bowhunt

Started by rbhunter, October 31, 2010, 10:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbhunter

This past Thursday night a group of men from our church met for a two day bowhunt. Eight men met at the church and drove a little over a hundred miles to camp to hunt. I waited for my son to get out of school at 10:30 P.M. and started up to meet them at about 11:00. At around 12:30 I recieved a call to see how we were doing. I told them we were at and the man in charge said we were only about 15 minutes away and was staying up to meet us. The place we were staying was part of a church camp.

One man and one of the ministers volunteered to do all of the cooking and clean up. The minister had to stay behind at the last minute because his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. Some of the men have been doing this for a couple of years and decided to open it up to the church. We harvested a couple of deer but more importantly we had a great time and seen a lot of deer and shared alot of stories. I had a chance to get to know some of the men who I really only knew as a face before. The deer were really moving and everyone had multiple deer close even if they did not get a shot.

One guy was after a big buck and had a seven pointer campout under his deer stand. He hung up his bow so he would not be tempted to shoot it. He even had to cough once, and the deer just looked up at him and went back to feeding.

They are talking about making it a yearly event.

On Saturday we had to wear blaze orange because it was also youth rifle season. I always though the orange did not affect hunting much but I moved my head just a little bit and got busted by a big doe while hunting from the ground.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

beenthere

Sounds like fun.

And yes, the doe could bust you wearin a camo hat too.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Yup, deer will pick up movement quicker than they will pick up a color.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!