iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Soule Live Steam Festival, Meridian, MS Nov. 5-6, 2010 See y'all there.

Started by fishpharmer, October 30, 2010, 06:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

If you have time and interest come to the Steam Festival.  Lots of old steam equipment and a tour of factory that made them.

http://www.soulelivesteam.com/home.html

I'll be the big guy with a red shirt, maybe demonstrating a swing mill.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

I went by Soule's today, they are gearing up.

If you think you will be there shoot me a pm.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

PineNut

I am going to try and make it. Looking for someone from the Brookhaven area that may want to ride up.

fishpharmer

I look forward to seeing you Pinenut. I will be hanging around a Lucas mill. I was poking around today and there was some neat stuff there.  Included was a Speed Twin Engine, a suprisingly compact steam engine once made by Soule.  The engines had crates of wood by them to fire the boilers. I found some irony in the fact the steam guys had the "biofuel" thing figured out over a hundred years ago.  Has anyone else ever pondered what a modern steam engine with the latest technologies in metalurgy and engineering could be like?

fishpharmer

I was at the festival today.  Lots of neat old steam engines running.
Here is a short video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFArUQWt0zs

fishpharmer

Soule Speedy Twin Steam Engine.  A very compact engine that previously ran an edger at a Alabama sawmill.  I was told these were produced until 1984.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuVY--hVKUQ

poolman

Well if You are going to saw at the steam fest,You should be steam powered or its cheating.   lol   Brian

fishpharmer

If your near Meridian, try to make this event.  It will happen Nov. 4-5 this year.  Prior commitment prevents my participation.

PineNut

I enjoyed my visit last year but other commitments will prevent me form attending this year.

Thank You Sponsors!