iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

introducing myself

Started by qbilder, October 29, 2010, 07:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbilder

Hi folks. My name is Eric. I build custom pool cues. Much of the wood I use is stuff I cut & mill from odd &/or figured wood. I have a Linn style mill that is similar to their 1900 model with the 30" throat, and I have a Lumbersmith deluxe model. I'm eventually going to set up a large CSM for cutting the really big stuff but for now my band saws are giving my fix. I'm a wood nut & love the figured stuff. My wife & I both enjoy building and buying rustic furniture & decor.  I have recently been bitten by the "urban" bug and am enjoying it quite a bit. I'm here to learn from you all & hopefully can contribute something useful myself. Thanks for having me.

PS: will post some pics when I figure it out               
God bless our troops

Roxie

Say when

Roxie

Nice pictures!   You can post them directly in your reply by clicking on the green wording under the picture that says "Click here to copy this photo code to your post window." 

You just need to be in the reply window and click!  Good job uploading and that is some nice looking cedar.   :)
Say when

Stephen1

Welcome to Forum, you will enjoy the information you find here.
Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

qbilder

Thanks, Roxie. I'll work on it a bit more & see if I can figure it out :)
God bless our troops

qbilder

Here's my mill on axle for transport. I'm going to rig it with trailer jacks at each corner for easier leveling and actual one man operation.

God bless our troops

Meadows Miller

Gday

Welcome to The Forum Qbilder  ;) ;D 8) 8) You have a nice setup and some nice boards coming off the mill there mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) and Its good you and our wife share an interest in the furniture side of things as it will make getting the equipment you want/need alot easier too Mate  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Chuck White

Looks like you've got a good thing going there, qbilder.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Quite a few of us on the forum work with our spouse' while were milling lumber.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

RedLeg

Welcome aboard Eric, its nice to see another Lumber Smith owner join the forum!  8)
Leif
Retired U.S. Army
2010 Lumber Smith Elite and Track Kit
Shopsmith Mark 7 PowerPro

fishpharmer

Nice lumber, nice mills.  Welcome to forestryforum.com

I look forward to seeing your custom pool sticks.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

qbilder, it looks like you came on board while I was in Colorado.  Anyway, a late Welcome to the Forestry Forum. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!