iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another mill ID

Started by sandhills, October 27, 2010, 11:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

This is the mill my freinds and I bought at an auction this last spring.  The serial tag is worn down enough it is unreadable but from a lot of posts I've read here I think it has to be a belsaw.  If anyone has any information on it or know where I can get any please let me know.  As you can see it hasn't been ran for a while but we played with it a little after getting it home, lubed it up ran it a little, everything works just needs a little tlc and hopefully we can figure out how to use it. ;)

redbeard

Nice score! Don't know the make but I like it. Have you started the project yet?
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

sandhills

Well we got it bought without any of us actually being at the auction and got it home does that count? :D  We hope to get it set up early next month, it does have few issues though.  The track is tweaked just a little next to the blade so we have to straighten that out and I want to make a new flat belt for the carriage drive, it obviously was never shedded.  Other than that everything took grease easily, moves like it should even turning the drive by hand so I think we're just going to try it a bit with a lot of caution.  I've also seen a few "add on" guards on a few mills on this site I would like to put on this one before it leaves the shop.  Best thing about it was we got boxes and boxes of bits and shanks with the saw, mostly new ones so I don't think we went to far wrong---yet.  A learning experience for sure but should be fun.

bandmiller2

Yup Sandyhills you've got a mobile Belsaw,well worth tinkering with.Circular mill tracks show the most wear right around the saw sometimes its just easier to replace a section of the guide track.Just looking at the weedy pictures I'd make a portable wood deck to extend the area the sawyer stands on looks like you could fall off that step pretty easy.You never go wrong with guards and safety devices. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

Gday

Sandhills it looks like you and your mates got a Belsaw on a steel frame its not a bad looking mill and should tidy up nicely and do a top job for you blokes  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) id take the wheels of it myself and make her stationary  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Norm

She's a beauty, nice scenery in the background too. :)

sandhills

I know the pictures are terrible and it's hard to see, but there are extensions for the sawyer and tail sawyer to stand on there upside down on top of the existing ones.  There's also a log deck that I didn't get any pics of.  It will be stationary when we get it set and hopefully someday have a roof and a few walls around it ;).  As far as the background goes we just tucked in behind my neighbors shop, it takes up a lot of space, hopefully in a few weeks there will be a lot more scenery around it. :)

Norm

I hoped you'd take that right.

Farmers backyards are always good scenery to me.  :)

Jeff

Quote from: sandhills on October 28, 2010, 09:46:08 AM
I know the pictures are terrible and it's hard to see, but there are extensions for the sawyer and tail sawyer to stand on there upside down on top of the existing ones.

I've never ran a mill where the sawyer and tailer have to stand upside down! ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

If the sawyer stands upside down they will not get sawdust in their pockets. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

nas

Quote from: Jeff on October 28, 2010, 10:33:37 AM
Quote from: sandhills on October 28, 2010, 09:46:08 AM
I know the pictures are terrible and it's hard to see, but there are extensions for the sawyer and tail sawyer to stand on there upside down on top of the existing ones.

I've never ran a mill where the sawyer and tailer have to stand upside down! ;) :)
Maybe it's a Turner? ;)
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Coon

Standing upside down you may not get any sawdust in your pockets but you sure enough leave alot more room for sawdust down the legs of your britches.  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sandhills

:D :D :D :D :Dsorry folks, I usually proof read (a little) better than that.

Thank You Sponsors!