iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gone with the wind.

Started by Bibbyman, October 26, 2010, 02:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Quote from: Dan_Shade on October 26, 2010, 08:17:57 PMwhat's that white stuff?

Dan,

After the winter we had last year, how can you ask such a question.  Or ARE YOU GETTING OLD LIKE THE REST OF US? ;D :o ::) ;D :o ::) ;D :o ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bruce

Coon

No hay burners aloud in town here.... and I'm too cheap to buy a dog licence.  ;)  Guess you get to be the power of the poormans winter taxi there Swamp.  ;D Hope you got a long wheel base as the drifts are already deep.   :D  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Sleds are meant to ride over the top, not under snow drifts. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I guess I'll be going off the air for a while. We lost electricity here now. Wind is still roaring but I just caught the news before the lights went out that they were beginning to calm. I was going to post some video that I took. Icey and I just went for a ride and took but it will have to wait as I want to save my batteries in case I need them.  Saw something I've never saw occur here before. The freighters are stacking up in the Saint Marys river coming down bound from Superior and the Soo locks. All sorts of them anchored out around Lime Island and the other islands waiting out the storm.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

That wasn't long. Electric is back. They must have shut it down just long enough to get the dead spruce off from the wires I saw just down the road.

Jeff

Short video montage of driving around the block here at the cabin.  Checked a little bay that is usually calm where we swim on North end of Lake Huron. It's hardly ever rough. It was today. Went on in to Detour where its protected more from the current wind direction. Then on to Raber Bay over looking Lime Island. Again, protected from the wind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2mwQ_PNpqU

bandmiller2

Storm must have blown itself out just a few light showers and little wind here on the east coast. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bibbyman

Mary and I sawed today.  Wind in the 20s and gusting in the 30s.  No fun but we got in a good day's work.  Tomorrow?  Higher winds and 20° cooler.  Probably won't get much done.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Coon

Swamp, this snow is so wet that you can't ride on top of it, you just seem to cut right through to the slush layer that is on the bottom.  Temps are supposed to drop down to -14 Celcius here tonight but will slowly rise through the weekend.  They are claiming that by tuesday there is supposed to be a high of 12 above Celcius during the day.  I am thinking that this snow will mostly be gone by the end of next week cuz Indian Summer is on the way.  ;D  
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

barbender

It's sure been blowing up here, I've spent the last couple of days reattaching Tyvek :)
Too many irons in the fire

WDH

Still bad hot here in Louisiana and worse in Georgia.  Set a record today in Georgia at my home at 89 degrees.  Bad crazy.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Yessir, too DanG hot still.

sandhills

It's been blowing bad here the last two days, the grain elevator I've been hauling corn to sits on top of what has to be the windiest wide open hill in the county.  they keep track of the wind speed there yesterday it hit 73mph and today the top was 74.  He said it stayed between 50 and 60 for a long time today.  I beleive him because I got out my truck on one trip, it truly was hard to stand up straight.  Hope we're not sending any of this your way Jeff, sounds like you folks could use a break.

Ironwood

WOW,................ it has been beautiful here, mild for October and sunny and warm. Been going gang busters getting outside work done before the winter weather comes.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

SwampDonkey

We did get 2/10 during the day yesterday and another 2/10 last night. Cleared out here and going to be mild. Tomorrow night dipping to 29F but still nice weather ahead. Still some shine in that old moon, since full phase on Saturday. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bugdust

Not a lot of wind in WV, and thank goodness for the rain! Seems each year about this time forest fires "mysteriously begin" for no apparant reason. The rain last week slowed them down, but the rain yesterday did the job. Thank you Lord! Sure sorry for you guys around us because it looks like some really got hammered.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Bibbyman

I hope we get some real rain here soon too.  Deer season has started and people tend to build camp fires and such.  Also people think they need to burn leaves.  The woods are far too dry and now the wind up, there could be some wild fires.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

northwoods1

It got quite windy here too, just got my power back on it went out early tuesday morning. Was a lot better off then many other folks due to the good old trusty woodstove, large assortment of kerosene lamps, and generator to keep the freezer and fridge going. My weather station here said 27.22 hg for the barometric pressure which is the lowest I have ever seen it read. I couldn't believe the noise the wind made it was just steady all day all night for 48 hrs. Was pretty sad as I walked back in the woods today to see what the damage was, found I lost one the biggest trees on the property here a massive old white spruce. Now its leaning at a 45 degree angle into some cedar pole timber. Lots of other damage, trees down all over a little bit of everything.

Thank You Sponsors!