iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baker planer

Started by jim king, October 16, 2010, 06:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

Does anyone know if Baker can put helical heads on the top and bottom of thier four sided planer/moulder  ( M412 4-HEAD MOULDER )and what the cost is ?  I have a friend that would like to buy one if they can.  I have sent them a couple of emails but no answer.

Ironwood

I have a friend a few hours from here w/ a Baker four sided, they dont like it too much. The shop is Englishman owned and Amish run. My Amish buddy handles all the shop maintainence and tweaking, they have had WAY too many problems and have had very little support on the issues. It is a stair shop and run mostly Oak, Maple and Cherry. Lots of snipe (major problem for short stair treads) they have had other headaches as well, that is the one that comes to mind. 

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

BandsawWarrior

When I was looking at getting one they said they could put helical heads in the top/bottem but then you can't use profile knives so that's the trade off.

Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

Ironwood

I think the Amish guys are using helicals (only saw it once), as it is a standard flat product.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

ADAMINMO

Sorry I havent been on in quite some time. As you can tell since Oct. was the last time someone replied on this one. We do sell them with a helical on top and bottom but as bandsaw warrior said there is a trade off of not bein able to do any profiles with top or bottom.
Jim , I'm not sure who you sent an e-mail to but we have had a few sales changes and e-mail addresses change. Of course that isnt any real excuse so I do appologize for the inconvienience.

Ironwood , I hate to hear that your friends are having problems and headaches with their machine. I dont know if the machine is new or old but we did have some bugs in the beginning as most do with new machines. To my knowledge we have sold many machines in the last 6 or so months and have not had any issues with snipe . I would be happy to speak with them about the issue if needed.
I am not in the parts and service dept anymore but still help out many customers in need. My goal was alway to provide the best possible service I could to our customers. My job now entails helping build the many machines that Baker manufactures. Anyone with any questions or concerns please shoot ma a pm and I will be glad to help in any way I can.
Thanks Everyone!
Adam

Ironwood

Adamino,

Thanks for your posting. I actually did talk to him a few weeks ago, he finally came down to see my "operation"(he is 2 hours away) and I did ask him about the Baker. He said they have worked out most of the bugs. Thanks for your response as it reminded me that I had needed to get back onto the topic and correct any misconceptions my posting might have caused. I know Baker's products are very good and it surprised me when he first said all the issues he had, and yes it was a new late model machine.

Ironwood

Den Socling

Adam,

As Ironwood said, we all know that Baker builds good equipment but I would urge threads instead of PM. The threads aren't meant to be critical but educational for all.

Den

ADAMINMO

I do agree there Den. But there are some people that have problems that they want to keep on the down low . I dont have a problem with a thread about a problem on any machine as they are very educational threads  to :P for someone with a similiar problem. The main reason I ask for a pm is because I dont get on FF site as much as I used to because I dont have an office job where I can check in alot any more and I dont have the time to devote to it as I used to. So if they send me a pm then I get it when I open my e-mail acct. Either way is great and I do see ur point as a valid one for sure.  8)
Thanks!
Adam

Ironwood

For those members looking on and/ or reading for reference, I did PM Admino the contact info for my friend to contact them directly as he add offered to help in any way he could, and isnt htat what customer service is all about.

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!