iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moving Wood'Lumber

Started by Stephen1, October 16, 2010, 08:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

hey Guys, I have sold my family home where I have my been for 26 years. it's sad, but the subdivisions are going in all around me and it's time to go. I can retire in the next spring to match the closing sale date.
My question this morning is, Can I move my uncut logs and stacked rough cut lumber?
I am asking as there is a fear of moving insects...emerald ash borer and anything else, I have till the end of January to move, but I still have some big hardwoods to mill, and on my little mill they take a lot of time which I will not have time before I move.
I was planing on moving my wood to my sugar bush which is 100 miles north of Toronto. I plan on living here, or my wife plans on that. We will buy a small place here close to the city, Cheryl, my wife, wants to be close to her parents, and healthcare. I will spend a lot of my time at my cabin and sugar bush, as I plan on building a family home along side my cabin.
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Stephen 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

beenthere

Sounds like a question to ask the local establishment dealing with movement of logs and lumber.  :)

What limitations do you suspect you have with this regard?  eh eh

And reading between the lines, doesn't sound like your wife plans to join you in the bush.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terrifictimbersllc

Agreed, find the state "biologist" who knows about logs and lumber, to find restrictions that would apply, and beyond that, counsel about what is wise.  I would be trying to mill whatever I can with the time I have left.    Aren't we all though? :o :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Stephen1

Quote from: beenthere on October 16, 2010, 09:25:06 AM
Sounds like a question to ask the local establishment dealing with movement of logs and lumber.  :)

What limitations do you suspect you have with this regard?  eh eh

And reading between the lines, doesn't sound like your wife plans to join you in the bush.  ::)
Yur right, she doesn't plan on living there. smiley_sun smiley_sun Cheryl likes it  when the weather is nice. I get the best of both worlds, time there and in the city visiting. :D
On the movement of the wood, I was thinking there was a general set of guidlines to follow.
I will put a call into the local experts.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

nas

Congrats on selling the house Steve.  Halton has a regional forester that should know what you need to know.  If you need a place to store some wood or logs I could find some space at my place.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Stephen1

Hi Nick, Thanks, I will try to call them tomorrow see what my options are.
Stephen

Stephen1

I have been talking to the forester in my area on moving Lumber and logs.
I am not able to move any ash, milled or log form unless I apply for a permit and the wood is then inspected. I am located. I am able to move the wood to your place Nick as you are in Halton and also a part of Quarantine.
So far I have lucked out, the people buying our place want to knock the house and barn down and build a martial arts, and yoga studio. the lady loves my place and wants me to stay around and take care of the property untill they can build. I won'thave to move my lumber and mill just yet. 8)

SwampDonkey

Being in little old New Brunswick most all my life, I can't envision the "subdivisions" eating us up around here. ;D If anything, things have been the same around here or probably slid a bit backwards as far as population growth.  ;)

Glad you have a plan for a new home and can save your wood.  Have fun in your sugar bush. Let the wife come visit once in awhile. :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

Stephen congrats on the sale of the house.  Is there a hydraulic mill in your future? 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!