iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scenic Water Views

Started by Stump Jumper, November 15, 2003, 01:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

The first three pictures are of the Pictured Rocks in Munising, Michigan.  The pictures do not do them justice.

They use to use this hill to roll logs into Lake Superior to go to the mill.

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Mark M

Those are nice! Thanks for sharing.

Furby

Furby

Also Glacier National Park  9/02

Ron Scott

Neat places with many nice views. I've visited both several times.
~Ron

Norm

Nice pics folks, I've never been to either place but this is almost as good as going myself.  :)

Furby

Larry

Home to the next world record striper.  Beaver lake Arkansas.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Mark M

Boy that is the bluest water I've ever seen Larry!
Really a nice picture, what are you using for a camera/lens?

Mark

Larry

Mark,
Camera is an antique Oly C2020-Z.  I like to play with different lighting effects to see what they will do.  The water was dark blue because the sun had just broken over a ridge under a dark cloud bank and there were still a lot of deep shadows on the lake.  If I had taken the same picture at noon, the water would have appeared glassy with the shoreline flat and not a bit interesting.

Picture of the same lake right before a thunderstorm and the water has picked up a green cast from the trees.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

Mark M

Here is one I kinda like. That Oly does a good job. I shot this one with a Sony CD-1000

Furby

Where was that pic from, Mark?

Mark M

Hi Furby

It's from near Paracas Peru. Here is a few bigger ones:

http://www.pbase.com/mmathys/peru

What camera are you using?

Larry

I always like seascapes.  How much did you have to tip the gull to show up on time? ;D  Think your picture is a prime candidate to get printed as an enlargement and hung on the wall.  Saw on the big picture that it was 651KB.  How big can you go before the quality deteriorates?

Mark M

Hi Larry

I haven't printed any from that camera in a long time but imagine I could get an 8x10 or so. My other camera gives files about 3000-3500K and I can print really nice 13x19's with my Epson printer. I have the Genuine Fractals program and it is supposed to make some really big enlargements without much loss in quality but I haven't tried printing any of the smaller files and don't know well it works.

Mark

Furby

Mark,
Those pics from Peru are GREAT!!!!
Is that a catacomb you were in?

I use a Cannon EOS Elan 7e, and I just got a Fuji FinePix A303 back in Nov. I really haven't used it much, but I'm hoping to really put it to the test this summer.

Mark M

Yep the catacomb is in San Fransisco church. I didn't have much flash so many of the pictures I took there were dark. It was an interesting place but kinda creepy.

Furby

Creepy ??? ??? ???

What's creepy about a bunch of dead bodies that have been laying around for years ???  ::)  ;D

pappy

can't wait to go back !!

summer is coming !!
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Furby

Where is that at, Termite ???

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

pappy

Furby,

It's WAAAAAAY up northern Maine on a thorofare between Square and Eagle lakes on the Fish River chain.  This is the way we git there---

and this is the camp up close.

The Maine Fish and Wildlife built these camp in remote areas in this part of the state back around the turn of the century and later.  I have a friend who has one up on Saint Francis river above Glazier Lake which is on the borders waters of Maine and NB Canada.

The camp is built to the same specs. 12' wide X 16' long.  The door and windows are the same size and same placement.  The corners are 2X6 and 2X8,  the logs are nailed with 8" spikes.  Window and door jambs are 2X6's and also spiked.  I imagine after once the materials were on site (every thing was brought in by canoe and later by float plane) a crew of 3 - 4 men could erect one in a week

I'm in the process of building a camp out on the ole back 40 using the same method.  I'm using northern white  cedar skim sawed and white spruce 2X stock.

The camp my friend has up on the Canadian border was moved by a 100 year flood, we moved it back and jacked it up 2 ft.higher.  The camp was racked a little but it didn't come apart. I figured if it didn't collapse ( it sat that way for two years) I'm gonna build me one just like the ole boys use ta.

Hopefully we can get in outa the weather this summer.
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

SwampDonkey

Eskamsis River in Northwestern BC

Nass river is grey from glacier melt water and Meziadin river is blue since its water is naturally filtered by Meziadin Lake. Northwestern BC

Lower Skeena River near Terrace BC

Athabaska River, Jasper National Park Alberta

Largest recorded wild male Atlantic salmon caught on artificial fly. 72 lbs and 68 inches long, caught on the Restigouche R in Quebec. Caught by Ken Jamieson with a Rusty Rat artificial fly, and faught for 2-1/2 hours. June 1990.

My largest salmon was 39 inches long and released back to the wild. Caught on a deer-hair with green butt on the Upsulquitch River in New Brunswick, its a tributary of the Restigouche R. The Main Restigouche is actually in New Brunswick.

Upsulquitch River, Crown Reserved fishing for residents only.

Cystal clear water, like tap water. Down the river from the guys fishing is where I caught mine. And a few feet below that, the river turns 90 degrees and its 16 feet of water along a ledgy shore. I used to like walking down along those ledges and see those big salmon lay in there like sticks of pulpwood. Those big ones rarely bite a fly hook. ;) The time I caught my fish it was a rainy trip and the water was rising. The fishing was fantastic and we had salmon coming like trout for black flies. It was the best salmon fishing I ever seen, the place was alive with salmon porposing all around us. :) :)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stump Jumper

8) pictures swampdonkey
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

SwampDonkey

HI all:

I forgot to mention that I liked all your sceneic photos also. You folks all have some nice photography, nice and crisp pics. Alot of the pictures I posted was from a cheepie camera with blurred or over exposed pictures. I'm all digital since the millenium. :D I was awhile scanning and making my post and forgot to say my piece. :D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!