iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IRS auctions and shipping items

Started by BandsawWarrior, October 12, 2010, 11:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandsawWarrior

Has anyone bought anything at IRS auctions?  If so how is it shipped...do you have to go onsite to pickup your item or will they ship it for you?  I'm curious about smaller items such as moulder heads, power tools, and other smaller items.  I'm in Canada and most the auctions are in the US so I'm hoping if I won an auction it could easily be shipped... 

thanks for any tips/advise! 
Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

easymoney

they should tell you about delivery on the auction site. i think you usually have to pick the items up at a designated site and time. with arrangements made ahead of time. they should tell you about the method of payment they require also. but there might be exceptions.
i have been monitoring government internet auctions  in my area and things seem toi go really high compared to what  they usually bring at conventional auctions.
i sometimes buy at government auctions but the on-line ones always go way too high for me.

low_48

They will probably give you the name of a packer/shipper, but that is probably all they will do as far as shipping. I'm pretty sure there is additional rigging charges just to get it loaded at the auction. I bought one item from them about 4 years ago and I think the rules have changed. There are easy to deal with though, so just give them a call.

Ironwood

All depends on the site folks, usually hired buy the co. selling their goods on IRS OR it is the rigger (read expensive). I had them box and ship a large hand held router a few years ago, and that went smooth and the site guy was good. Not expensive, but be careful, if you get refered to the rigger they will gouge you (general rule, and I understand, low volume, high fixed cost for them). The riggers may view that as a hassle.

Gov site does get a TON of traffic and it is HARD to find value. If you are close to a physical site it can be advantagous as you can see first hand (via preview) the quality and such. Closest to me is 3 hours and just too far away. That said, I do buy some trailers and have bought some things over time, it is just buyer beware as they are not forgiving and very serious when they say things like "buyer load", I had to leave a few things in the yard and just take the loss.

Ironwood 
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!