iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pond bass

Started by Don_Papenburg, October 11, 2010, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Papenburg

I was out combining beans and my wife went fishing in the pond with her kyack . She came home with a 5gallon bucket full of bass . We had all you can eat fish tonight and topped it off with home grown pumpkin pie. YumYum
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Tom

What a lucky fellow to have a woman who can fish.... and catch'em.  :D

Norm

Nice Don, how did you cook them?

Nate Surveyor

that is plumb bad!
Next time, let her run the combine, and let you go fish!

:)

8)
I know less than I used to.

Don_Papenburg

Hey , evan better my only job was to eat them . She filet them made a beer batter and fried them  . then said do you think we have too many ?    :D

Norm

She filet them too! Wow Don you done good when you married her. :)

Don_Papenburg

Yep shes a keeper  ;D   

pappy19

Best way to cook catfish, bass, crappie, bream, perch, trout or whatever IMHO, is the following:

If you catch a bunch of muddy, mossy or otherwise cruddy summer fish; filet fish and soak in milk for at least 3 hours in the fridge. If spring or winter fish, then no  worries. Dip in milk and then shake off excess. Mix half (about a cup each for 1-2 lbs of filets) of all purpose flour and yellow corn meal seasoned with Cajun seasoning. Let filets sit in the flour/cornmeal mix for about 5 minutes while frying oil is getting hot (a trick here is to throw into the oil a "strike anywhere" match. When it fires off, then the grease is hot enough to fry the fish). Gently add the fish filet into the hot oil. When the filet rises to the top and is golden brown, turn over for another minute or so until it is golden, then remove and drain on paper towels or old newspaper. After the fish is done, then add frozen French fries to the oil and cook until crispy.

I make my cocktail sauce with 75% catsup, 25% creamed horseraddish and a squirt of Whorchestire and a squeeze of lemon.

Nothing to it and the best fish fry you'll ever have. Add a cold Bud and a fresh cut sweet onion and you're in Heaven!!

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!