iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

362xp project

Started by Cut4fun, October 13, 2010, 05:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut4fun

Started with 2 bare crankcase halves and here she is in first test cuts.

What a bone head move on my part.  I new my 362 was small mount husky and I got the right inner bar plate. But I forgot about the clutch cover. All I have is large mount clutch covers. No inner deflector either yet.

Looking for small mount 362 clutch cover with bar tensioner in cover.  Maybe a 2163 will work too.

[img width=600 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/g289/doemaster789/362XP/DSCF0004.jpg[/img]http://[img width=600 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/g289/doemaster789/362XP/DSCF0005.jpg[/img]

So much for the  :-X  pics, no sound on video either. Guess you'll have days like that.  

Video in 10" x 9.5" poplar round with stock stihl RS out of box for awhile now that I have been using on the other saws for testing.  You eat alot of chips and bar oil this way  NO clutch cover, LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD3rBS2SM8Y

JohnG28

Looks like she screamed through that log there.  Nice job on your project.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Cut4fun

I was surprised for stock and the smaller zama 365 carb. I still think my 365 SP will take it.

As soon as I have all the parts I will find out.  8)

Coon

Is your 365 SP stock too?  I still haven't got my 365 SP running yet..... needs a new fuel tank, bar, chain and drive sprocket to be in tip top shape and ready for work.  BTW the husky dealer I use has been awefully busy so I haven't made the trip up there yet.  Guess it must be firewood season.  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Cut4fun

365 SP is stock to. Thats how I wanted to test them.

JohnG28

Do you have the muffler opened up a bit on this saw, or anything else worked over on this saw as you built it?
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Cut4fun

Quote from: JohnG28 on October 14, 2010, 07:55:27 AM
Do you have the muffler opened up a bit on this saw, or anything else worked over on this saw as you built it?

Nothing yet, didnt even remove the spark screen yet. Like I said I wanted to test stock to stock just out of curiosity sake. Just tuned to my likings.

Now remember the  365 is closed port like 372 and not the open port one people say is down on power. I've yet to run into a open port one to run.

Cut4fun

Just a update and a cheap fix. Just in case someone else runs into this down the road someday.

I pulled a bonehead move and forgot to get a small mount clutch cover for the husky 362 and knew I had extra large mount covers that wouldnt fit. I wanted a clutch cover with tensioner in cover in small mount. Which I found out doesnt exist. Only small mount with no tensioner in cover and tensioner in crankcase with front adjust. So I went and modified one today.

This should work for husky 362 Jonsered 2063 2163, unless 2163 like late model 362xp is large mount covers and then not needed?

You have to elongated the bar stud holes in cover to get correct fitment. Take some metal off bar nut shoulder and some metal off toward the bar adjuster screw to fit the swrench in. Then take the pin coupling nut and grind the head down and make a little narrower around. Put pin coupling nut on upside down to make it fit the slot on the crankcase for the tensioner slot to ride through like normal.

This redneck fix saved me close to $60 in new parts + shipping. $40 cover small mount , $10 3 piece in case tensioner set and $8 for shipping.

Thank You Sponsors!