iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time to deer hunt

Started by Larry, November 14, 2003, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Gun deer season opens tomorrow in Missouri.  I have been scouting for two months for a place to set up my deer stand and finally found the perfect spot. ;D

Do you guys think I should put my stand on the patio or the deck?  On second thought I might be able to pull my bed closer to the window and put my orange PJ's on tonight. :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

L. Wakefield

Ooh! It still looks warm there! With this 30mph wind and dark night it is blistering cold- makes me really think it just turned winter and it'll be like this all winter long- change back about mid-June.

I bet all the hay I fed out blew away to OZ.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Norm

They say that the bigger the tree a buck rubs the bigger the buck. I'd say you got a nice one coming up to your house.

I know the local DNR wants us to shoot does but I went for a walk in our woods and those little @#%# have rubbed up a bunch of small walnut trees. Why don't they do this to the hackberry or honey locust?

Stump Jumper

Michigan Fire-arm opened today I went out for about three hours 38 degrees and misty out only seen a squirrel and a rabbit hoping to have better luck tonight.  Its a lot warmer in the house. :D  I think Larry has a pretty good spot.

miziz stump jumper
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

pappy

It was 30 degrees and the wind gusting to about 40 mph in northern Maine today.  Not the best conditions to deer hunt.  But my son in-law persevered and got this 180 lbs. 8 point whitetail, which made the Pope and Young scoring method. This is one of those wily ole swamp bucks.

Way to go Jamie
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

EZ

My wife planted some pine up front about 6 yrs ago. They was really growing nice until this year. Got a six point that just loves them to death.
Good job Jamie.
EZ

Larry

Just teasing a little with the picture.  Nephew and me went to the deep dark woods this morning and saw some chickadees and a few geese flying overhead.  From my vantage point I could see our road and counted about 6 roadhunters per hour.  Wish there was a bounty on them. ;D

For gun season 10 more days to hunt this month and 7 days to hunt in December.  No limit on does but we will only take 2 as that is about all we can eat.

This one was hanging by 7am last year but we are holding out for the "thurity pointer" this year. 8) 8)

Nice deer Jamie! 8) 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

theonlybull

i'll see if i can post a pic of my nice little buck i shot 4th day of the season up here in NS
210 lbs 8pt

don't know what i'm doin wrong,  but atleast there's a link to it
Keith Berry & Son Ltd.
machine work and welding

Tom

You did everything right except the clicking on the button at the bottom of the picture that puts it on the clipboard and the clicking of the "insert image code" on the posting window,  

Missed it by that much! :D :D (quote from "Get Smart") :D

Welcome to the Forum. :)

L. Wakefield

QuoteIt was 30 degrees and the wind gusting to about 40 mph in northern Maine today.  Not the best conditions to deer hunt.  But my son in-law persevered and got this 180 lbs. 8 point whitetail, which made the Pope and Young scoring method. This is one of those wily ole swamp bucks.

Way to go Jamie

Hully gee, wait til I show my husband that one! He's up near Eustis this week (Flagstaff Lake and Picked Chicken Hill)- and I don't think he's going to see any buckage of that calibre..

He left during that howling wind period we were having Friday morning and I don't usually tell him what to do (because I don't like him telling ME what to do, donchaknow)- but this time where he was hauling the boat so as to do some island hunting on Flagstaff, I didn't ask him, I TOLD him he mustn't go out in that wind with that boat. Flagstaff always has a vicious wind anyway. Floatation devices wouldn't help. That wind was flipping over tractor trailer trucks (I kid you not). I'm sure it blew away all the hay I fed out the day before. Fortunately the wind had dropped by the next morning. They said 40,000 people without power for a while.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

pappy

Keith,

Nice buck, way ta go  8) 8) 8)  ya got some good steaks there.
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Stan

When my Dad reached his 70s he started huntin' from his kitchen table. One day he actually shot one. Mom banished him to the breezeway!  :-/ He didn't like bein' out in the cold again, so he enclosed it.  8) I wouldn't advise shootin' one from the bedroom, you'd have to buy a travel trailer.   :'(
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Sam

I got my first deer Saturday morning-it was a doe. My 10 year old son got his first deer on 11/1 during youth season-an 8 point buck. He really rubbed it in that his deer was bigger than mine!

Norm

All right Sam wtg, tell your son congratulations too.  :)

EZ

This is my front yard, well I should say my wife's front yard and her pine trees, -1.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!