iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 570 stalling problem

Started by fstedy, October 06, 2010, 07:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

I have a Husqvarna 570 that keeps stalling. When starting I can keep it running by pulling the choke out breifly when it starts to quit. Sometimes if you catch it in a fast idle it will take full throttle ( sometimes when doing this it quits after about 15 seconds, sometimes it will cut a log thru ). I cleaned the air filter changed the fuel filter and the spark plug was checked OK. Any suggestions where to proceed?
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Rocky_J

Sounds like it's running lean, perhaps due to an air leak somewhere. I'd check fuel lines as well as the impulse line. That's the quick easy possible cause, and quite likely due to the havoc caused by ethanol fuels. You'd think the manufacturers would have introduced ethanol resistant fuel system components before ethanol fuel was forced upon us.  :-\

John R

Quote from: Rocky_J on October 06, 2010, 07:42:47 PM
  You'd think the manufacturers would have introduced ethanol resistant fuel system components before ethanol fuel was forced upon us.  :-\

That'd make way to much sense.

John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

fstedy

Where is the impulse line? I'm not very knowledgeable about chainsaws.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Thank You Sponsors!