iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fixed "Chicken Cor Don Bleu" First Time Last Night.

Started by Chris Burchfield, October 06, 2010, 08:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

Saw Rachel Ray do it.  She say's " Now, how easy was that."  I prepared six breast.  Using 5 oz. of crumble Blue Cheeze, fresh chopped spinich and arugula mixed with minced Honey Baked Ham.  I slit a pocket from the big end of the breast.  A couple ran out the bottom and I used a tooth pick to close the hole.  Stuffed mixture in cavity.  Dipped in egg wash, rolled in Panko Bread Crumbs twice to get a good thick crust.  Browned in skillet then placed on cooling rack on top of baking tin.  When all six were browned placed in oven @ 350°F for 30 minutes.  Last five minutes placed smoked Provalone Cheese to melt.  Sides included garlic mashed potatoes.  Pasta salad w/ chipped multi colored bell pepper, purple onion, mayonaise and Zesty Italian dressing adding a little vinegar to tart it up, then salt to taste.  Fresh green beans, ends snapped off, rolled in Redwine and Vinegar, salt and peppered then brazed for five to six minutes leaving the beans a little crunch.  Overall rating by the family.  Really Good to wife saying "I'm Stuffed."  Them were some good groceries.  Sorry, no desert.  Not that we had room for any.  :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Ernie

Dang.  I just finished my bacon and eggs for breakfast and you've made me hungry again ;)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

I have a few chickens in the barn that could be renamed from Hotchicken to Chicken Cordon Bleu ...  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Chris Burchfield

I have a Rhode Island Red and a Banny, both hens in the back yard for the Gdaughter.  We eat the eggs. Little Banny has been attacked three time I know of by a hawk.  The Rhode Island Red raises cain with her cackel while the attack is on.  Fortunately I've been home each time and run outside fast enough to scare the hawk away.  I figure by now the banny is to tough to eat.  I contacted some office of U.S. wild life relating to the attacks.  As Hawks are a Falcon, bird of prey, I can't kill them.  I can harrase them.  He also sent me a roll of mono film bout an inch wide to hang strips from the tree limbs in the back yard.  He'd told me to pen them.  I told him they were free range chickens and pinning would prevent the free range. 
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!