iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Advice on Cutting Siding with One or the Other Mills (LM 2000 or Pete. 8-27 WPT)

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, October 06, 2010, 12:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

I'm putting a plan together for a Pole (28 W X 72L X 16 H) Building that Will be Largely Built with Processed Lumber through my two mills.

The Two Mills are -- LM 2000 & Peterson 8-27 WPT,  both are Great Mills.  I have looked at the video's from the two company's and other folks on UTube all looks good. I'm guessing that the Siding Attachment will be cheaper $$ and easier to operate on the 8-27 mill ... but really don't know. 

What I don't know is the actual hands on use of the -- Siding Cutting Attachments ?

Has Anyone used a -- Siding Cutting Attachment that was mounted on any mill and >> What Say Yee ! ! !

Also, I plan on doing the -- Siding on the Side of the Building and Metal on the Roof.

What are best choices for the Siding and the availability of Logs here in North FL (Bonifay 32425)  ?

If I forgot anything, please add your advice to this post.  I'm putting everything together & don't want to make dumb choices because of inexpereince.

Thank You

Avery

Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Thank You Sponsors!