iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maytag Repairman, was that Chip or Dale?

Started by low_48, October 05, 2010, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

low_48

Here's one for the appliance repair Hall of Fame! First, I was raised on a farm, and calling a repairman is considered an absolute last resort. So in I go.
I started to run a load of laundry tonight, and see a fine coating of dust all over the inside of the drum. HUH? I ask the wife what the heck was the last thing she dried. Just regular stuff. So I wipe it down and think I should run it for a while to clean it. I check outside for airflow, all is well............Then I get back in the basement and was that a clunk? DanG, the dryer stops. All the motor will do is hum. So I move out some stuff, pull off the top, pull off this tiny panel in the back, and find the motor is locked up. How am I going to pull that motor out? The front is hooked into the blower. So I wiggle around on the shaft and it starts to move a little. I'm thinking if I can get it out, RustReaper to the rescue. Then it rotates more and more. Now it's free!!!! Think a chunk of lint wedged in there? So I get the Fein vac and shove the hose into the duct. A push sends it around a 90 and thunk, I've got that lint. I pull the hose back slowly and WHAT THE HELL, IT'S A RAT!!!!! Nope, it's a fresh dead chipmunk with a chunk of fur peeled back.  Pour little feller, I bet he kept up with that fan for a little while......... His last thought? "I've heard of those running wheels, but they are way too fast for me!" Another repair victory for the cheap guy!  8)

Warbird

beenthere

I just hate going through a whole ago.   No fun at all.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Don_Papenburg

Yep Going through a whole ago is one of the roughest  things  a person can do
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Warbird

Thank You Sponsors!