iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coos County NH quest for portable bandmill/operater

Started by Bridgewright, October 05, 2010, 04:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bridgewright

I'm a timberframer (I post under my given name on another board with some frequency) with a subspecialty in bridge restoration, we have been contracted by the National Society for the Preservation of Covered bridges to replicate a bridge lost to arson a few years back.

We are currently working a few hours from home recovering the iron parts which will be reused. The client also wish for us to find a sawyer in the area to resaw some of the larger section dense old growth Long Leaf Yellow Pine in the Trusses and Floorbeams. It is charred perhaps an 1 1/2" to 2" and there is some limited hardware to deal with, but it is worth the doing.

There is perhaps three days work and maybe forty sticks worth sawing the char off of.

This video clip will give some sense of things - http://www.twitvid.com/TXZRB

Anyone in the area with interest can contact me at Bridgewright<at>gmail<dot>com

ronwood

Welcome to the Forum!! Have you tried the "forum extra" button at the top of the page. You can do a search for sawyers there.
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bridgewright

Thanks, for both the information and the welcome.

Bridgewright

Good good -

Found a sawyer through this board, not up in the Great North Woods, but down in the Lakes Region where the replication will be happening, and the semi's heading anyhow.

The big bonus is finding a mill which saws to 40' - There are other within an hour, but another is all the better.

I like my Ties, Plates and bridge Chord Lams to be max length. Use 40's in most every project.

The Moose Brook had and will have continuous un-scarfed Chord Lams 46' 8"

Thanks for the resource

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bridgewright

Pete - Don't know if he posts here, but he did see my notice here on the board.

WM gave me a list of folks within 35 miles (our hope was to find someone local) and no one seemed to have time or interest, hence the notice here.

Thanks again

Thank You Sponsors!