iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 560 status?

Started by John Mc, October 04, 2010, 10:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

Anyone heard an update on the status of the Husky 560 XP? When are they supposed to be available? Any change to the specs that were on the rumor mill this summer? Idea on price (I'm sure it's more than I can justify, at least until my 357 XP bites the dust...)

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

nmurph

i think production commences in late oct.

John Mc

Surprising that none of the dealers in my area know anything about it. Most seem never to have heard of it... though I suppose some of them may be playing dumb so as not to cut into sales of the 357 XPs they already have in stock.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

SawTroll

I suspect they are playing dumb.   :)

LINK
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Quote from: SawTroll on November 05, 2010, 08:54:34 AM
I suspect they are playing dumb.   :)

LINK
Thanks for the link SawTroll. I always knew the AutoTune concept was here to stay.

Willard.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

John Mc

Quote from: SawTroll on November 05, 2010, 08:54:34 AM
I suspect they are playing dumb. 

Either that or I was just talking to the wrong person. They are primarily a tractor dealership - and they have a good reputation for that. They also carry Husky saws (including some of the pro models, not just the entry level end of the line). I've never bought anything or had it serviced there yet.

John Mc

Thanks for the link, Sawtroll.

Did the 560XP get canceled, or was it down rated to the 555. I thought the original concept was for a small mount and a large mount that were otherwise almost identical.

From the link you posted, it looks as though the 560XP got dropped for a lower-powered, non-XP version. I wonder what else they changed besides HP?

SawTroll

Quote from: John Mc on November 05, 2010, 12:41:57 PM
Thanks for the link, Sawtroll.

Did the 560XP get canceled, or was it down rated to the 555. I thought the original concept was for a small mount and a large mount that were otherwise almost identical.

From the link you posted, it looks as though the 560XP got dropped for a lower-powered, non-XP version. I wonder what else they changed besides HP?

A few months ago, they listed 3 models in some info that i read:

555, non-pro, 3.2kW, small bar mount, 11.9lbs.

560xp, pro, 3.5kW, small bar mount, 11.9lbs.

562xp, pro, 3.5kW, large bar mount, 12.3lbs.

No-one could explain why the large bar mount made a .4lbs difference.

All are 60cc, but the porting is different between the 555 and the pro version(s).

By now, we know that the 562xp has a feature called "Revboost" (designed for better trigger response when limbing), that the 555 doesn't have. We also know that the rear end of the top cover is higher on the 562xp than on the 555, but not why it is.)

There has been no added info on the 560xp, but it is known that two different pre-production 560s performed better than all comparable production saws, and were lighter.

They all are Auto-tune saws.
Information collector.

John Mc

Quote from: SawTroll on November 05, 2010, 01:41:24 PM
There has been no added info on the 560xp, but it is known that two different pre-production 560s performed better than all comparable production saws, and were lighter.

Well, hopefully with those kinds of stats, it's not going to disappear before it even gets in to production!

SawTroll

Some news

I doubt the 560xpg will weight as stated in that link, but the pictures are cool!    :)

For all I know, this info may be older than other info - I simply don't know!
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Small spline rim sprocket to larger standard spline:
Larger crank stub, bearing, clutch drum, clutch, bar pad and studs should make about .4lbs extra weight.

Willard.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on November 05, 2010, 10:45:28 PM

Small spline rim sprocket to larger standard spline:
Larger crank stub, bearing, clutch drum, clutch, bar pad and studs should make about .4lbs extra weight.

Willard.

My suggestions also was in that direction when it was discussed on that other site, as the small-spline option doesn't make sense with the large bar mount.

I am no expert, but I don't think all that needs to be beefed up to use the standard 7-spline?  

Anyway, specs are always just specs, time will show what the truth is.   :)

Information collector.

JohnG28

That sure is a cool looking saw. I imagine that it will work about as well as it looks....even better. 8)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

SawTroll

I am not sure if this link adds anything, but I post it anyway, just in case.  :)
Information collector.

Spike60

Word is that the 555/562 will be "on the water" around the first of the year. They are probably building them now. From what I understand, they've bagged the idea of offering the two different bar mounts. So, there will be two, rather than three models.

I've had one of the 560XP test mules since June, and the saw leaves a major impression on everyone who runs it. Power and acceleration are unreal for that size saw. They really got the weight right on this one. Many people who pick it up, asked if it was the replacement fro the 346. Your hands are a little further apart as well, which really makes the saw handle well. The lead engineer on this one deserves a promotion.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

SawTroll

Welcome here Spike!  8) 8) 8)

I hope the 560xp vs. 562xp is a market thing, related to different habits regarding cutting attachments and air filters - both options make sense to me, so I have been torn regarding what to want..... :D :D
Information collector.

sharkey

From the press release; "Magnesium three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability."

Usually a crank is made from steel.  Two halves that are machined, threaded and hardened.  One side holds the flywheel and the other the clutch.  The two halves of the crank are then put togeher with a steel pin that is pressed in as the lower 'big end' bearing race for the connecting rod.   

Wondering if there is a new alloy of magnesium that will be strong enough to take the place of steel?

John Mc

Quote from: sharkey on December 01, 2010, 02:05:31 PM
From the press release; "Magnesium three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability."

I wonder if that was a typo. A lot of Husky's better saws have magnesium crankcases.

SawTroll

Quote from: John Mc on December 02, 2010, 10:47:46 AM
Quote from: sharkey on December 01, 2010, 02:05:31 PM

I wonder if that was a typo. A lot of Husky's better saws have magnesium crankcases.

I suspect you are right.   ;)
Information collector.

SawTroll

Hello Spike, do you have any updates?  

No news over here, except that the regular 372xp is replaced by the X-torq version,  according to the web-site.
Information collector.

komatsuvarna

These new huskys sure sound interesting. I dont understand the ''rev boost.'' Im sure that they got it right though....they usually do!

SawTroll

I believe it is an accelleration boost, maybe to compensate for the "strato" design.

Time will tell!    :)
Information collector.

weimedog

Quote from: komatsuvarna on January 10, 2011, 08:41:26 AM
These new huskys sure sound interesting. I dont understand the ''rev boost.'' Im sure that they got it right though....they usually do!

I've run the test mule for a short time, its a "zippy" ( responsive ) small saw with much more power than I expected, and I think that's what it is, when you first pick it up I had an expectation level of what I would feel and see....it exceeded that by quite a lot so my impression was "WOW"..vs. some other new stuff I picked up and was either exactly or less than what I expected/hoped for so even though they were good.

The Rev boost in my interpenetration is more of an ignition thing, it allows over rev for short periods of time...so for example if your limbing, and the cut times are short, it will rev higher for a short time and speed those cuts...but if you were to hold it no load I believe it would drop to a lower RPM...I'm waiting for those who buy it and think its a tuning issues....lol...
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Cut4fun

Quote from: weimedog on January 10, 2011, 09:05:50 AM
Quote from: komatsuvarna on January 10, 2011, 08:41:26 AM

I've run the test mule for a short time, its a "zippy" ( responsive ) small saw with much more power than I expected, and I think that's what it is, when you first pick it up I had an expectation level of what I would feel and see....it exceeded that by quite a lot so my impression was "WOW"..vs. some other new stuff I picked up and was either exactly or less than what I expected/hoped for so even though they were good.

The Rev boost in my interpenetration is more of an ignition thing, it allows over rev for short periods of time...so for example if your limbing, and the cut times are short, it will rev higher for a short time and speed those cuts...but if you were to hold it no load I believe it would drop to a lower RPM...I'm waiting for those who buy it and think its a tuning issues....lol...

You mean like holding it out of the wood at 17K tuning it for WOT  :o ;) ::)  :D

nhlogga

Any word if these will come in red paint also?
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

Thank You Sponsors!