iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New! Wood-Mizer LT35!

Started by Bibbyman, October 02, 2010, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I hope the WM website is updated soon with some more pics/info/pricing of all the new toys so I have some more things to dream about  :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

dMizer

You guys at the MO show got a sneak preview of the LT35 and Bibbyman's press release/review. The WM website will be updated very soon with all the details on the new LT35, LT70 DCS, and LT15GO models.

On the LT35, the bed is fully hydraulic like the LT40HD. The head is similar to the LT28 but with power up/down & power feed. At Wood-Mizer, we have indeed been busy and this mill is the result of listening to customer feedback and using our proven technology on a new model. Production on these mills will be in full swing this month.

Darryl

Piston

8) 8) 8)

WAHOOO!  Thanks for posting that, glad to know it will be in full production soon!  I think this new mill will be a hit! 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

wannabeonetoo

So how does the new LT35 compare valuewise to the Lt40 G28 package with the hydraulic+ pkg.,logrite cant hook,10 blades & trailer brake pack ? Unfortunately I just read about the LT40 deal AFTER the deal expired  >:( So I'm now curious about the differences/advantages of these two set ups.
Has anyone north of the border ever bought a new mill & brought it across ? is there any savings to be had ?

Steve

Meadows Miller

Gday

Steve it could be a lot bloody worse than a drive mate  ;) :D think of what we have to go through to get gear here from the Us Mate  ;)  No whack your deposit down on your new Mizer with their in house finance and fill the forms out then tow her home over here like you boys get there  i would have an Lt40sh or a Lt70 with the works working here as well if it was that easy for me Mate  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

ronwood

Bibbyman,

I was wondering why is the copper bus bar some much shorter than the LT40?
It looks like you have to move the head all the way back to get the hydraulics to work.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bibbyman

Quote from: wannabeonetoo on October 05, 2010, 09:27:47 AM
So how does the new LT35 compare valuewise to the Lt40 G28 package with the hydraulic+ pkg.,logrite cant hook,10 blades & trailer brake pack ? Unfortunately I just read about the LT40 deal AFTER the deal expired  >:( So I'm now curious about the differences/advantages of these two set ups.
Has anyone north of the border ever bought a new mill & brought it across ? is there any savings to be had ?

Steve

The LT35 compared to the LT40HDG28;

The bed and all hydraulic functions are the same.

Both come with Simple Setworks standard.

Both take the same blade size range.

Both have power up/down and head drive.

Where I see differences...

The engine is 25 hp vs. standard 28hp on the LT40. 

The LT35 has manual blade guide adjustment vs. having a powered guide on the LT40.

The new LT40HDG28 comes with Auto-Clutch.  LT35 is a manual lever.

The major difference is that you can get a lot of options on the LT40HDG28 that are not available on the LT35.  Debarker, Lube-Mizer, Command Control, Accuset, Laser sight, Dragback ..  and a large diesel 35hp Yanmar engine.

If you're in the market for a barebones LT40HDG28, then by going to the LT35 you only give up 3hp and have to do a couple of things manual like we all had to do back in the good ol' days.  For about $4,500 less. 

P.S.   I see that on the WM site they say they have extended the prices until December 31.  I don't see the package deal you're talking about though.

Quote from: ronwood on October 05, 2010, 12:50:11 PM
Bibbyman,

It looks like you have to move the head all the way back to get the hydraulics to work.

Ron

I don't know the reason.  JB said there was one but was having a "senior moment" right then and couldn't think of the reason. I'll check with him and see what he says.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

wannabeonetoo

Thanks Bibbyman,what are the thoughts on the single mast vs dual ? The deal was advertised in Sawmill & Woodlot management magazine.

Steve

Bibbyman

Quote from: ronwood on October 05, 2010, 12:50:11 PM
Bibbyman,

Ron

JB got back to me.  Seems that the head drive mechanics (the drive sprocket) would not clear the strip if it were longer.

Quote from: wannabeonetoo on October 05, 2010, 02:05:59 PM
Thanks Bibbyman,what are the thoughts on the single mast vs dual ? The deal was advertised in Sawmill & Woodlot management magazine.

Steve

I'd like to have an LT40 with a single mast!  The single mast on the LT28 and LT35 are designed to hold what looks to be the LT15 head.  The advantage is that the head is in front of the post.  This lets the cover hinge and open wide to change the blade.

But apparently this head design is not robust enough to handle all the options like board return, debarker, etc.

Sawing since '94

LOGDOG

I don't know if I'd say it's "not robust enough" to handle a board return, debarker,etc ...afterall  the LT70 uses the same single post design doesn't it? I've wondered why they haven't changed all the mills to the single post to be honest. You still have 4 surface areas for adjustment. So long as that single post is stout you should be good to go. But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.  ;)

Bibbyman

Quote from: LOGDOG on October 05, 2010, 09:17:02 PM
I don't know if I'd say it's "not robust enough" to handle a board return, debarker,etc ...afterall  the LT70 uses the same single post design doesn't it? I've wondered why they haven't changed all the mills to the single post to be honest. You still have 4 surface areas for adjustment. So long as that single post is stout you should be good to go. But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.  ;)

The mast assmebly on the LT28 is not nearly as big as the mast used on the LT70.  Also, the saw head on the LT28 and LT35 is pretty much the same as on the LT15.
Sawing since '94

LOGDOG

Ah I see ..... is it like 4"x6" ? Or how big?

Chuck White

Quote from: LOGDOG on October 05, 2010, 09:17:02 PM

The LT40 uses a 2-Post mast, the LT35 only has 1-Post, but they're both cantilever design.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LOGDOG

Yes Chuck,  I'm familiar with the LT30's and LT40's. I've had five of them.  ;D It's a sickness.

What I was getting at is that the single post (if it were of robust thickness and rigid enough) can provide all the support a head needs as evidenced by the LT70 since it uses a single post. If I'm thinking right, on the LT70 there are wheels that are on each side of the post with adjustments on them for the alignment of the head. We accomplish the same thing on our two mast heads a different way. Kind of like people thinking the monorail is somehow weaker than a twin rail frame. Actually the monorail is a twin rail. It's just that they're stacked. When you go through the full alignment process and you have to align the bearings that are tucked up under that bottom rail you can see how that rigidity is achieved albeit through a different method than the twin track frame that are horizontal to each other.

On our two post mills we have 4 surfaces that our pads travel on going up and down. Essentially the monorail does as well, the the two edges/corners of the square post on the front and back side.

customsawyer

I know that the cam bearings that the LT70 ride on is bigger than the ones on a LT40 and that makes that area lose a little bit of clearance which is not a big deal because you gain the wider throat on the 70 but might hurt you on the 40.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

Control pannel on the new LT35HD

New contol panel for the LT70.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the control panel on the new LT35 - thinking it was just the same as offered on the LT28.  But now that the new Distributed Control System came out for the LT70,  I can see that the panel on the LT35 if all new and integrated with Simple Setworks on much the same layout as the new one for the LT70.
Sawing since '94

wannabeonetoo

So what is the pricing on these L35's, or is there a link to a site for pricing on all WM mills ??

Steve

Bibbyman

Quote from: wannabeonetoo on October 15, 2010, 10:37:01 PM
So what is the pricing on these L35's, or is there a link to a site for pricing on all WM mills ??

Steve

Quote from: Bibbyman on October 02, 2010, 08:49:14 PM
Quote from: bill m on October 02, 2010, 08:05:36 PM
Any idea what the base price is?

Under $20,000.00. 

It's almost an LT40 Standard Hydraulic priced at $4,500.00 less.

The Wood-Mizer web site has a "Cofigurator" where you can build your own and get a price quote.  I don't think it includeds the new LT35 or the new product options they have recently added.

http://www.woodmizer.com/us/configurator/

Sawing since '94

sdunston

Any one have more news on this new mill? have not seen any thing from WM as of yet
Thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Bibbyman

Quote from: sdunston on October 22, 2010, 08:26:51 PM
Any one have more news on this new mill? have not seen any thing from WM as of yet
Thanks Sam

They just updated their web site..

http://www.woodmizer.com/us/promo/lt35.aspx

Even a YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zayFcs0T1VU&feature=player_embedded
Sawing since '94

sdunston

Bilbyman, thanks for the link. I cant wait for a parts list to come out so I can add setworks and power upand down to my LT28
Thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Coon

I like what I see with the LT35 except for one thing.... the lack of the ability to handle the debarker.  Most logs around these parts have mud/dirt on them to some extent unless they were skidded out in the thick of the winter snows.  I like the new control system Woodmizer has put on this mill.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!