iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New! Wood-Mizer LT35!

Started by Bibbyman, October 02, 2010, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Do the math...  Take an LT40 hydraulic frame and add an LT28 head.  What do you get?  An LT35.

Here's Mary pointing it out.  Full hydraulic frame - back supports, loading arms, two-plane clamps, roller toe boards and all.  But with an LT28 head.  Also included is Simple Setworks.

More later....  Coffee's ready....
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Don K

Huh?? What's the use in that? Add five to it and get a forty.  :-\ Must be a manual feed head and a hydraulic frame. We'll see where they go with it. Innovation is the key to diversity. :)

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Bibbyman

No, no!  No pushing or pulling this head.. or cranking either.  It's power up/down, forward/reverse with Simple Setworks.

It has a Kohler 25 hp engine or opt 18 hp Yanmar Diesel.

This was it first public showing!  I think they have a winner.
Sawing since '94

bill m

Any idea what the base price is?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Bibbyman

Quote from: bill m on October 02, 2010, 08:05:36 PM
Any idea what the base price is?

Under $20,000.00. 

It's almost an LT40 Standard Hydraulic priced at $4,500.00 less.
Sawing since '94

paul case

i was there this morning but  not as early as i had hoped to be and stayed until about 2. we saw that new saw! nice looking set up. new numbers are always intersting to me. the wm folks were to busy to get to talk with me. i would have asked them about the tensioner on the 15 and the 35. i expected hydraulic but they were both manual ,or so it appeared to me. they still had some of those logs but the lumber they had sawed on site was real nice.
there was not as much wood equipment there as normal. i didnt see baker or hudson or tk. you would think that show would be on tk and bakers list. did i just miss them?
maybe my attire was why the wm people were too busy to talk!  pc

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

fishpharmer

Nice machine.  Looks like an LT28 with factory hydraulics?
Does it have hydraulic log turner and clamp?  Difficult to tell in the pictures.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Brucer

Seems to me the big thing is that single mast. Blade changing, folks, blade changing.

Ever since they introduced the LT28, I've been waiting for a single-masted version of the LT40. This is probably it.

Over the next few years I expect we'll see a rationalization of their product line.
- Single masted LT40.
- Phase out the super hydraulic and fill its spot with the LT50.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Bibbyman

Quote from: fishpharmer on October 02, 2010, 09:48:37 PM
Nice machine.  Looks like an LT28 with factory hydraulics?
Does it have hydraulic log turner and clamp?  Difficult to tell in the pictures.

Mary sure likes the "OPEN WIDE" doors on the new LT35 ('corse, they're the same as on the LT10,LT15 and LT28)...

I didn't take a lot of pictures of the frame because it's the same as the LT40 Standard Hydraulic mill and has all the hydraulic features of the LT40HD.  Here you can see the two-plain clamp holding the log and just a glimpse of the rear roller toe board.  Well, also the loading arms. It has the claw turner and power back supports.

The head is what looks to be the very same as the LT28 with power and Simple Setworks.  But I think they've added a big alternator so to keep a big enough battery charged to power the hydraulic pump.

Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Quote from: Brucer on October 03, 2010, 02:36:59 AM
Seems to me the big thing is that single mast. Blade changing, folks, blade changing.

Ever since they introduced the LT28, I've been waiting for a single-masted version of the LT40. This is probably it.

Over the next few years I expect we'll see a rationalization of their product line.
- Single masted LT40.
- Phase out the super hydraulic and fill its spot with the LT50.

I don't think it's a single mast LT40...  Not yet.  It's not got the dragback, debarker and other options of the LT40 series.  I would think it'd take more like the LT70 mast with a new head designed with 19" wheels to be a new LT40 replacement.

Here you note the LT28 features (from LT15) to the new LT35...  JB's hand is on the manual blade guide in/out adjusting handle.  Under it you can see the manual blade engagement lever.  up and right you can see the alternator (I think is new to this design - you LT15-28 guys can tell me if it's new) the blade tensioning lever and you can see the LT40 roller toe board.

Sawing since '94

Piston

Hmmm, this might be a good upgrade from the LT-15 in another year or so  ;D :) ;)
Is it already available?  I can't wait for the first review on it!
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Bibbyman

Quote from: Piston on October 03, 2010, 03:58:35 AM
Hmmm, this might be a good upgrade from the LT-15 in another year or so  ;D :) ;)
Is it already available?  I can't wait for the first review on it!

I thought I just did the first review?  ::)

Maybe I should have taken this one home and run it for a month?  Think?  ;)

I would assume they are ready to crank them out.  I think they'll sell a lot of them. 
Sawing since '94

Don K

That is one of the things I miss from the 15 is the doors to change blades. I don't like it as well on the 40. The debarker is in the way and getting the doors off isn't as spiffy and if you aren't careful you can hang blades and potentially knock teeth out of set.

Looks like they might have another winner.

I wonder if they upgraded to a better paint on this new mill that has UV protection to prevent such bad fading. Sure would be nice.

Don

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Piston

Quote from: Bibbyman on October 03, 2010, 04:26:17 AM
I thought I just did the first review?  ::)

You did sir, you did! 
I think I meant to say second review, it was still early when I wrote that  :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

sdunston

I am very glad WM is giving the people what they want. I have had my lt 28 for a year now and this past winter added hyd,log roller and a 2plane clamp it makes it a lot more fun to saw.I wonder if they will have a retofit for auto up and down and setworks for the 28's HINT!!!!!! Good job WM and thanks to bibblyman and mary for the great press release.
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Piston

Quote from: Bibbyman on October 02, 2010, 05:42:48 PM
Do the math...  Take an LT40 hydraulic frame and add an LT28 head.  What do you get?  An LT35.

Wouldn't that make it an LT34???  :D :D :D
-Matt

Meadows Miller

Gday

thanks for the review Bibby n Mary  ;) Thats not a bad looking combo for someone who cant quite make the step up to an lt40 with settworks n all Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

paul case

Quote from: Piston on October 03, 2010, 09:32:12 AM
Quote from: Bibbyman on October 02, 2010, 05:42:48 PM

Wouldn't that make it an LT34???  :D :D :D

i think it is the 35 because they can.   try to figure out the number scheme on new tractors and when you have got, it they change it.  i got lost at the 4440's and 1086's somewhere in the early 80's .   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

DanG

What does the "LT" stand for, anyway? ??? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

LOGDOG

Dang,

I'm thinking the "LT" stems from the first letter in each of the WoodMizer founders last names: Laskowski & Tekulve (sp?). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Magicman

Very correct LOGDOG.  Don Laskowski and Dan Tekulve.

I'm very proud to be an LT owner.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

And I'm very proud to be a TK owner.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

MartyParsons

The LT35HDG25 should be at our open house October 16th. There are some other changes or additions coming to some of the models.
LT15  Full frame trailer, LT70 DCS shown at the New York show, LT40 + with loader and turner.

I dont think there will be any kits available for the current LT28 because of the alternator needed to run some of the new features.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Magicman

I'm proud of everyone who is a sawmill owner.  Sorta makes us brothers of the blood errr sawdust, and maybe even blood sometimes.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sdunston

Quote from: MartyParsons on October 03, 2010, 08:28:08 PM
I dont think there will be any kits available for the current LT28 because of the alternator needed to run some of the new features.
Marty
Give me power up and down and a setworks and I am sure we could add an alternator :D :D maybe no kits but I hope they will sell me the parts to DIY 8)
I seen the new lt70 at booneville and now with this lt35 it looks like you guys at WM have been working overtime with some great results.Keep up the good work.
Thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Thank You Sponsors!