iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Album management?

Started by Sprucegum, September 28, 2010, 06:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprucegum

I would like to move some pictures from one album to another within my gallery - is this possible? If it causes any complications I won't do it, I just like to keep my simple world simplified.

If it can be done what steps are required?

Jeff

I honestly don't know why one would be worried about it. The purpose of the gallery is to hold the photos that we place in a post. Its not intended for any other reason. Sometimes we want to use a photo again in another spot, and its helpful if they are sorted somewhat, but being sorted into your own gallery should be enough to find it again if you need it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sprucegum

OK, I'll leave well enough alone.

pineywoods

I did exactly what you are talking about.. DON't do that. Especially don't change the names of pics. What's in your posts is not the pic itself, but a link to the pic in the gallery data base. Change things in the gallery and any post with that pic may no longer show up in the post. I waded through every one of my posts (all 1500 of them) to fix the broken links. I'm sure the admins all think I'm some kind of wierdo for looking at my own posts, but that's why...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Larry

Sometimes I want to post a picture in my gallery.  Just looked in my mill album and I have 11 pages.  It only allows 12 pictures at a time to come up...sometimes if the picture I want is on page 11 it takes a long time to find it.  Is there an option that would display 100 thumbs on one page?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

No one has ever asked for that. Your wish is my command.

Wah-Lah!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I immediately noticed it.  Wow, and thanks Jeff.  I found a picture in a fraction of the time.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Warbird

This was a great idea.  Thanks for asking for it , Larry.  And thanks for providing it, Jeff.

SwampDonkey

You can move photos from album to album by changing the album name you chose for the photo in "edit" mode from the drop down list of album names you made . It doesn't disrupt the photo or threads as far as I know. Click on "My Gallery", then an Album and then the photo. Under it is "edit file information". Click on the "Album" drop down list and select the alternate album. Afterward "Apply Modifications".
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Sprucegum

8) The new layout simplifies things for me too  8)

Ironwood

Helps me too, Thanks

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer