iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

putting pictures on forum

Started by Peter Drouin, September 28, 2010, 06:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I have windows 7 and can not get pictures to upload.  What am I doing wrong.  I have tried reading all directions and advice.  Tooooo dumb to understand.  Be specific please. I can get the folders open and click on pictures but can not get it to the forum site and I did down load Java.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

terrifictimbersllc

2 ways to get pictures into your post.  The only one that works for me has 5 steps.   1) get the picture in my gallery first, and having done that 2) click on the picture.  Then below it somewhere find a text box with html code text in it.  3) Copy this code completely, then 4) get back to your post which is in a different window which you might have to look for (check under "window" in your browser application.  Then 5) paste the text you copied into your post where you want the picture to be.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sgschwend

If you use the new uploader then the uploader will resize the picture.  The older version will just give you an error if you picture file size is too large (which is easy to have happen).

To get to your gallery you can find it in your profile summary, select "go to gallery".
Then to upload using the newer uploader select "JUpload",  Not "upload file"
The page should launch a file manager at the bottom that has a browse tab,
If so then you can use the browse tab to select the files to upload, if not then you most likely need to update your Java (however, I always receive a few "Old Java version" errors, so what you have should work).

I just JUpload (ed) three files, even though the files were over 65K in size the JUpload applet worked fine.

Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Jeff

Peter, you seem to have several pictures uploaded already, so you must have thatpart down. To get them in a post, simply go to your gallery, go to the photo you want to use, look under the photo and copy the code that makes it appear in the post, go to your post and paste it in. Example of the code looks like this:

[IMG] https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/22511/2948/132.JPG [/IMG]

To make this photo appear. (Your Photo!)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

One more little thing, Peter: When you paste that code into your post window, that's all you'll see at that point.  The pic will appear in your post when you hit the post button. ;)

That's a humdinger of a saw shed you got there!  Really nice! 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

That saw could handle some very long logs, but from the sawdust pile looks like Peter has been sawing only short logs.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

metljakt

I've tried many times to "Upload or insert Photo"  What happens is it kicks me off and a message comes up stating that "unable to return you to forestry forum"

Don't know what to do.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

Thanks guys,  I did it with your help.  8) 8) 8)  Pete
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!