iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kitty cookies

Started by Tom, September 25, 2010, 05:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I know nothing about these but that they are real.  I saw the recipe on another forum and thought that it might be apropos with Halloween coming along.  Kids today seem to get a big kick out of being grossed out.   So, with no promises or recommendations, here are two:

Kitty Cookies come in two yummy flavors.

If you're going to make Chocolate Kitty Cookies, gather together...
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup (1-1/3 stick) butter, margarine, or lard
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or peppermint extract
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
GrapeNuts(tm) cereal or plain Graham Cracker crumbs

If you're going to make Gingerbread Kitty Cookies, you'll need...
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
2/3 cup (1-1/3 stick) butter, margarine, or lard
1 egg
2-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
Spice Mixture (ginger, cinnamon, cloves to taste -- maybe 1/2 tsp each)
GrapeNuts(tm) cereal or plain Graham Cracker crumbs

You might want to embellish your cookies. Here are some suggested mix-ins...
Butterscotch chips
Chocolate chips
Coconut (simulated tapeworms)
Cooked spaghetti/ramen noodles (simulated roundworms)
Corn
Peanut butter chips
Peanuts

Now, let's get down to making and baking our Kitty Cookies...

Microwave the honey till it bubbles (1 minute or so).  Add the butter in small cubes -- I've been told lard makes for a more realistic texture and softer cookie -- and the molasses, if any.  Add the egg and mix well, then mix in all the other stuff (add and mix the flour in a little at a time).  Mix in any mix-ins to some or all of the batter.

Chill 1 hour in the freezer (or several hours in the fridge) -- or use right away if you have a cookie press with a sausage/chorrizo tube.

Roll your dough logs out to a random length and the diameter of kittidoo (it's your business if you want to follow your cat around and take notes on size and composition after he's done his business).  Roll the logs in GrapeNuts/crumbs and bake at 350 degrees till done (10 - 15 minutes).

Kitty-Kookies will be a little on the dense side and not very sweet, but this is necessary so they'll hold their shape during baking (can't have runny kittidoo, now can we?)  If you use white flour and sugar they may be tasty, but they won't look like... well, they won't look like much.

Presentation is 99.95% of these cookies, that are best served in a disposable cat litter box on a bed of processed GrapeNuts/cracker crumbs.  Digging down and serving your guest off a cat litter scoop is the "...oh so sweet icing on your theatrical cake!"

LAST MINUTE NOTES:  Reports are you get a lovely effect by decorating the box and scoop with melted chocolate or pudding.  Brown sugar might substitute for the new clumping litters, but it hasn't really been tried yet.  Who knows?

Got Milk?

Weekend_Sawyer

"Got Milk?"

No, but I do have a queezy stomach now. Ugh.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Mooseherder

Was it the melted chocolate or the Scoop of simulated roundworms that did it for you Jon? :D

Weekend_Sawyer

It was the whole idea that someone could pick one up and eat it.

My buddy Gerald had a dog that would clean the cat box for him. He would walk around with kitty litter stuck to his nose.

Nope, couldn't do it.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Patty

Yea, and then right after the dog cleans out the litter box, they want to come over and give you a kiss.  :-*   

Now that's disgusting!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Patty on October 13, 2010, 02:13:20 PM
Yea, and then right after the dog cleans out the litter box, they want to come over and give you a kiss.  :-*   

Now that's disgusting!

Ya get used to it after a while  :D  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Raider Bill

tootsie rolls with sprinkles is what I call cat turds. Dog loves them.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!