iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drag back questions

Started by Larry, September 25, 2010, 05:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I'm learning to use the drag back on my TK.  I've been able to drag back slabs and finished lumber onto the waiting forks of the tractor.  Sure a lot easier than picking up every slab and board.

I was thinking I might be able to add a live deck to replace the tractor forks and move the slabs off to the side of the mill for later disposal.  Maybe a conveyor straight to the rear would also work.  Just dreaming right now as I've never see such a setup.  Suggestions or better yet pictures would be great help.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

bandmiller2

Larry, the sky is the limit when it comes to rube goldburg mill devices.It really helps if your mill is stationary with 110 v. power.Really you just have to try things and not be afrade to modify what you build.Just for chuckles visit bakeries bottling plants est. and see how they handle trays and boxes or better if theirs any big aswmills in your area.Good luck and please show us what you've done.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Banjo picker

Larry I have a pic. of one of my roller tables and off load rack where I put the slabs in my very limited gallery ....I now have three of the roller tables each has a rack to slide material down....I put the slabs on the first one untill it gets full enough to move...then I have two stations to slide off other lumber if they are not real long...If its real long I just slide it off on the two of them...sure makes it easier cutting stuff that you don't have to sticker....I built them for when I was cutting ties...but they work for anything....Now if I could just remember how I got those pics in my gallery...I got a bunch more stuff I wish I could post.....Tim

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Larry

Thanks for posting and here is your picture Tim.

Exactly the kind of ideas I'm looking for.  I picked up a roller table a couple months ago on the cheap with no real plans to use it.  Something like that would be easy to build.

Keep the ideas a coming. :) 

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Banjo picker

Thanks Larry...When Bobby and I were cutting ties ,we cut one load and then took off and built the roller tables..I could see that it was simply gona kill me or at least ruin my back..I use the drag back a lot on my mill....Those rollers came out of an old UPS truck I was told...there are better ones out there, but thats all I could find at the time...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!