iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

season change

Started by r.man, September 24, 2010, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

For those of you who get winter or winter like conditions be assured that it is coming. Here in central Ontario Canada the leaves have started to change. We have had at least two frosts at my house, the outdoor grow op finding helicopter is in the air most days and the bugs are acting a bit desperate. They know. But unlike what you will here on the newest NCIS we do not have snow on the ground at the border in September. Ever. Probably not in October either. Any tourists coming into Ontario in September are advised to leave your skis and snowmobiles at home. Unless you are coming for a long time.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

paul case

rman,
here in ne oklahoma september brings a earlier sunset and some cooler days.sundays high is supposed to be closer to normal at 67. no frost yet but sometime next month maybe. most of our leaves are still green. the black walnut trees start loosing their leaves. i am planning on cutting some late hay on monday. it will probably take a few days to cure out . this months weather gets a lot more worker friendly here and my body doesnt have to sweat nearly as much as august.pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Chuck White

I'm not very far away from Ontario, just across the river!

We've had 2 frosty mornings at our house!

The leaves have been turning colors for about 2-3 weeks now.

A lot of them are starting to fall.

Winter is definitely not far off.

Wish I had a little more time, I still have 2 saw-jobs to do and I can only saw on weekends and after school.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fuzzybear

well be assured it's coming.  We had our first snow fall yesterday. The leaves are all gone and the ducks packed their bags and are headed to Florida.  The wood pile is now missing a small row and wood smoke can be seen at all hours of the day and night.  The best part is that you can work outside with out being eaten alive by the many bugs up here.
   The north wind will start blowing and the temp will drop to -50 before too long.  Soon we will only have 4 hours of daylight.   
   Now if only the ground would hurry up and freeze in the swamp so I can get back to work. ;D
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

ohsoloco

I can't wait until this day is over, it's supposed to be near 90 today, but only in the 60's this weekend  8)  It's been so DanG dry here this summer that a lot of the leaves are already changing...to brown  :(

metljakt

I started seeing Canada geese flying over my house in late August.  Bad sign....they were at least six weeks early.  Never seen that before.  More coming over every day now.  I wonder what's coming.

Samuel

There was snow here on Monday morning,,, :(
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

r.man

Samuel, I can understand Dawson City being cold, there's only the occasional caribou blocking the wind from the North Pole to them, but Alberta shouldn't have snow yet. Global warming gone crazy?

fuzzybear

Well the major side effect of global warming is that it  all of a sudden gets VERY cold.  So cold that they get a big sheet of ice that covers everything all the way down into the central USA.  Well at least thats how it's worked the last couple of times. :-\   
   If it happens again and your great grandchildren find a frozen bushman with a chainsaw in his hand, tell them I'm not Sam Mcgee, but I want to be defrosted on a big bon fire. ;D
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

nas

84° here today, and windy as anything.  Lost a 24"+ Maple in my woodlot :(.  High of 60° tomorrow 8).

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

old joe

Just to keep it in perspective......over 90 here today, last nights low about 72.  Very dry, no rain in weeks.

JOE
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

weisyboy

its getting hoter round here now to. actualy broke a sweat yesterday. got up to 29 deg.

cant wait till summer really hits.
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Magicman

The season might have changed, but the temperature didn't yet.  No rain in September either.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jim king

Spring is on its way, the snow melt in the Andes has started and the river is rising.  The rain will start heavy soon and 90 degrees and 90% humidity every day.   The sun sets about the same time every day of the year.  I miss fall and winter.

At Christmas I hope to go up in the mountains to do some ice fishing as the lakes never loose the ice at the highest levels but there is no air at 15,000 feet.  Not easy drilling a hole in a lake or even walking up hill but it sure feels good to be cold.. 

r.man

I forgot about the rain. It's been raining fairly steady here for a week. Twice in that week it rained hard and long enough to put large ruts in dirt road hills and wash driveways down to the roads. Rain one minute sunny the next. Fun to work out in. Keep the vehicle close, you won't need to spend too much time in it but if you don't spend any you are soaked. Just like Calgary, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

SwampDonkey

The leaves have only starting to turn this week actually and we haven't had any frosts here yet. It's been 45-55 degrees at night here at the house and maybe 38 degrees a couple mornings in cold spots. Rest assured when October comes we will have an inch or two by Halloween, but nothing permanent until at least mid November. Mostly January in the last decade has been the new norm. In 2007-08 however we had 6" plus a week from November-April. A foot of new snow in late April delayed our May 1st start up by a couple weeks.

April 9, 2008 4 feet in yard.

One winter, spring 1998 I believe we never had much snow until March when we got over 3 feet.

2006 we never had anything to measure, never had the blower out all year.

Last year we only and a thin crust in the fields, great for home made snow sleds, and maybe 20 inches in the woods. But in February I noticed it was all bare in the woods under the fir trees, just snow between trees when it fell off the limbs. ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

caveman

It was in the low to mid 90's today in central
Florida.  I had a forestry team practice cut short due to thunder storms and an estimated 1"-1 1/2" of rain this afternoon.  My kids got to work through the compass and pacing course but did not get to timber cruise.
Caveman
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!