iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Umbrella

Started by Bro. Noble, September 22, 2010, 01:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

Somewhere I saw a thread about using a seat on a WM.  We have one that we use most of the time.  I was just wondering if anyone ever tried putting an umbrella on one to protect the sawyer from sun and wind?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

isawlogs

I have a seat on for my Mizer, only time I have ever put it on for myself was so I could have the shade from the umbrella. It was the umbrella off of our outdoor dinning set, that was working fine for me, well, till da wife found out  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Very Nice!

Is that a WM umbrella or something you adapted?

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bro. Noble

That's slick, Magic, but I don't think it would work for me :(
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Magicman

Quote from: fishpharmer on September 22, 2010, 02:29:13 PMIs that a WM umbrella or something you adapted?  

Tractor/equipment umbrella from a farm supply store.  I've replaced the canvas once.  I paint it with Thompson's Waterseal, and get about 4 years out of it.   I just googled tractor umbrella and found a source:  

http://www.gemplers.com/product/TU56/Deluxe-Tractor-Umbrella

http://www.gemplers.com/product/F2073/Replacement-Canvas-Tractor-Umbrella-Cover-White
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!