iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pricing for dummies

Started by MP_Wall, September 22, 2010, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MP_Wall

My father has been in charge of our central Wisconsin property as long as we have owned it and is now getting on in years and is less interested in the actual details, so the boys are trying to come up to speed. We have 60 acres of thinning cutting going on this fall, most of it is bent, twisted or otherwise undesirable maple, r oak and w oak. The original deal for this was set up 4 years ago and then put off again and again by the logger as pulp prices were low where we are. Now prices are higher and he is in a hurry to move in, after gun deer season of course. While working on firewood up at the property I noticed 5 dead oaks and showed them to our forester who was there the next day. He cruised the areas with the dead oaks and found 30 more (20+dbh and 60ft to the first branches). I would like to know that we are going to get a fair shake on both the pulp pricing and the pricing on the oaks (lumber vs veneer pricing). Is there a way that I can make sure that we are not going to get the short end of the stick on the deal? Any suggestions or ways that you all know of?
Thanks,
MPW

g_man

If you have a good forester manageing the sale you should be OK. If not then you would want to have a logger who comes with a good reputation in your area.

isawlogs

I would think your forester should be able to deal all that out  for you and making sure you don't get taken .

g_man you type faster tehn me ..  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!