Rust Reaper and The Redneck Wagon

Started by Mooseherder, September 19, 2010, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I've used Rust Reaper for some time now and have been happy with the results everytime I haved reached for it.  It did it's job again.
This was one time had it not worked there would have been no complaining from me.  These bolts were just that bad.  Of note about my little yard wagon it is severly rusted and probably doesn't owe me anything but I really needed it for a project, didn't want to buy another and would like to get a couple more years out of this one.
We have another one of these at Camp and they are real handy to have.  The one at the Camp is still in great shape with no rust so the enviroment down here is brutal with all the moisture we get.  They both live outside.
This little black wagon had it's tongue rusted so bad it had bent it to the ground.  I had done a quick fix a couple months back but it was time to do it right.
 The video shows just how rusted the underside is with severly rusted Nuts and Bolts.  The Heads on the bolts were getting pulverized by the Vise grips.  When they came off, I cut the rusted part off the tongue and rednecked it along with an extension of it's former self. :D
I also wanted to keep the Dump mechanism so that took some engineering with the skil saw. ;D
Then drilled thru the wood and metal to tie it all together with some new hardware. ;)
The trees at the end of the video are the Mahogany trees from the Mahogany thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3cg5tg1Xpc

sawguy21

Did you get that hitch DOT approved? ;D Whatever works.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm