iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT10

Started by mbicknell, September 19, 2010, 06:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbicknell

My LT10 is not gliding right on its track.  About four feet from the end it slows down and pushes harder.  It doesn't matter if there is a log on or not.  The track is level both ways, it is parallel, it all clears the wood beam it is attached to, and the cable rollers are clean, and the track is clean.  Also, when I am done cutting a board I have to raise the blade to bring it back.  I used to be able to bring it back without raising it.  So, any suggestions?
mbicknell

StephenRice

It sounds like something is not level or parallel...
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

rbarshaw

I looked at pics of an lt10, and since it rolls on top edge of the rails, I'd check that they are the same distance apart at each end, or that the plate the rollers are attached to are not rubbing on something.

Oh, and weclome to the forum.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Magicman

First, Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

As has been mentioned, something is out of whack.  You've just got to get down and look.  I know that sounds like a cop-out, but something has changed.  Do you have even support underneath?  Is the mill still square?  Rails not bent or deformed?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MartyParsons

The blade should plow the sawdust off the cant when you return the saw and start your next cut. ( logs with stress this may not be true) You should of got a tool to align the blade tilt? Place the tool on the blade and see if it is the same distance from the bed rail on both ends. You can adjust the blade tilt by moving the adjustments on the roller assembly or moving the entire head ( only on the LT10) . A better discription in the manual.  :P
The saw head should run the same on the track. I dont think the track could be different from one end to the other in distance because the bed rails hold it altogether. The clip on the bottom that hooks onto the bed rail may be hitting? It should also be adjustable.
Hope this helps!
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

bandmiller2

Theirs nothing binding with the rope and crank drive is there?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

StephenRice

Quote from: bandmiller2 on September 20, 2010, 07:45:24 AM
Theirs nothing binding with the rope and crank drive is there?? Frank C.

I don't think that LT10 has a rope and winch drive at all like the larger manual mills.  I think that the LT10 is simply a push along mill.
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

Kevin

Busy Beaver Lumber

Check to make sure your head assembly is still at a right angle to you rails. There is a procedure in the manual that tells you how to check and adjust it. My guess is that you did not have it tight enough and after pushing your way through several logs it is now tilted foward towards the end of your rails.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!