iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On the fence wind damage....

Started by mrcaptainbob, September 17, 2010, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcaptainbob

So, a friend's tree got knocked half over onto his neighbor's property. The first guy asks permission to enter the property for removal and receives it. After he gets it cut up he took down the remainder butt and sliced it into the 18" lengths needed for firewood size. He was about to start splitting those one day when his neighbor came by and suggested that it would be his thought that dividing the wood would only be fair, since it did fall on his property. And, that he was hoping to get the wood from the butt. So, the first guy says he didn't want any 'trouble' with any of his neighbors, so he told him he could have the remainder. The neighbor then asked if he was going to clean the area from branches and debris when it was all done! The first guy declined at that point. Strange stuff....

paul case

i have one of those stories.
i work on a disaster relief crew made up of volunteer southern baptist men and women. after the ice storm in o8 we went to a local town to help people clean up. one home we went to had a tree broke over about 5' high that was 15' or so across the neighbors fence. so i go talk to the neighbor. he said he didnt want us on his property. so we didnt want to cut it off and leave the top in the neighbors yard.we cut it off and pulled it back into the yard we were working in . cleaned the whole mess up . hauled all the brush to the curb. we stopped to pray with the homeowner and then headed to our trucks to leave and the neighbor guy comes out and says that we put the brush on his property. well it was all at the curb. the city was picking it up just down the street. he didnt care he just didnt want the brush on his property. so i told him show me where the line is. i took a chainsaw and cut the brush pile in 2 and we mowed the part that was on his side to his neighbors curb. what a pain. he was just being a horses behind. but i guess if he woulda asked for the wood from the part of the tree that fell across the fence i woulda told him his was all brush.pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Chuck White

It takes all kinds to make this crazy world go around, but sometimes we still wonder why certain ones were included!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pineywoods

Paul there are several ff members who support similiar works. My church made 3 trips to south La after katrina and rita and have several stories like yours. For every wierdo there were many many who were grateful for the help. In the mostly rural areas where we tend to work, church groups were the only help they saw. Got into a "discusion" with a local tree service co who was upset because we were doing work that was rightfully his.  ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

paul case

i dont think that our group stole any of someone elses work . the folks we usually help cannot afford to pay to have it done.and yes all we have ever helped were gratefull but some of their neighbors may not have been so happy about the whole deal.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!